Dk2m mounting studs problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dk2m mounting studs problem

Hello everyone! I'm new here but i'm not a recent Jackson player.
    I have a problem with the mounting studs. They got rust and i cannot lower or raise the action so i want to remove them and mount fresh ones.
    Where i can find an online shop to purchase these things? The schaller mounting studs fits?
    Thanks in advance!

I bought some from this guy a while back...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-Floy...item4d247d49d6

Comment

Thanks! Are you sure these will fit the Jackson dk2m's Low Profile JT-580 LP Double Locking 2-Point tremolo? they just look different if i'm not mistaken

Comment

As long as your DK2M's trem is still a Jackson trem, they will fit. When I changed the hardware on my KVX10 from chrome to black, I simply unscrewed the chrome studs and screwed in the new black ones. The threads on the Jackson studs are coarser than the Floyd Rose/Schallers, so if you were to buy a pair of those, you'd have to change the body inserts as well...

P.S. - Just double-checked the part number on the package in the Ebay listing with the one in my parts bin... They are the same (#0062589049).
        Last edited by Metal Spawn; 02-28-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Yes, i have the dk2m's factory trem. Thanks a lot man!

Comment

Just check the thread sizes to buy what you need.
            Schaller and OFR are fine thread.
            If you threads are rusted a drop of penetrating oil and work the stud back and forth should loosen them.
            When you get them out take a steel brush and clean the threads.I'll bet you can reuse them with no problem.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Just last night I pulled the studs and bushings out of my 2005 DK2. The studs in the ebay listing above would have been too fine a thread to screw into my existing mounts, so I removed the mounts and replaced them with StewMac floyd posts and mounts, which was a direct replacement. I was worried I would have to make the hole bigger to push in the new mount.

I now have the fine thread studs, which are easier to get than the coarse thread original studs, in case I wear out another set! I went through two sets of used studs because thats is all I could find....
              A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
              X