Show Your Dinky Professionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Your Dinky Professionals

I could have sworn I started this thread but maybe something happened and I didn't finish it. I don't know?
    Anyway, let see some Jackson Dinky Professionals. IMO one of the best production guitars Jackson has ever made.
    I recently was lucky enough to put this one together. It was black and then I found the period correct body
    in rare sapphire blue.

'94 Dinky HX
    DinkyHX.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

LEFT is a '94 Reverse Flame Top. Bought it new in'95. The most durable and stable guitar I've ever played. I have put through hell more times than I like to think about and it's still going strong.

RIGHT is a '94 Quilt Top that I bought back around 2004 or so. It's still sitting in the case with all the hardware and electronics removed. One of these days I plan on refinishing and refretting it.

Another of the Flame Top

This is a '94 HX. Bought it from Coloradoman with this crazy Pink metallic paint. It has been refinished in Black though and looks like Toejam's now.

My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Cool. I remember when Chris was selling that one.

I used to also have this red one, sold it to another forum member who refinished it in some kind of tie-dye.
        HX4.jpg
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Fusion SX

Comment

I like the the Fusion Sx. I don't think I have ever seen one in person, fairly rare. Did you add the middle pup? Or is it stock?

Comment

She's completely stock.

Comment

Very Nice I have 2 Fusions. HH and standard.

Comment

I bought this Dinky Rev on Wednesday. Full of grime and corrosion but structurally and fretwise pretty good.

I was initially after a Fusion or other H/S/S Professional of that era to install a DiMarzio set I had lying around. I bought the Dinky Rev as I don't have a direct mount H/H in my collection and never really liked the EMG 81/89 in the Heartfield.

I polished the frets with Autosol and rejuvenated the fretboard with some sandalwood oil. I'd normally use lemon oil but I didnt have any left.

Installing the pickups should have been quick and easy but it was a bit of a nightmare as I had to remove the pickup wiring from the connector plugs to feed through the top

The pain didn't end there. The mounting screws that came with the EMG's are too long and the wrong type for direct mount and the EMG's have brass grommets on the mounting tabs and none of my spare screws would fit. I decided to remove the grommets first by (gently) drilling one out. when that didn't work I used my soldering iron to heat up the grommet till it softened the plastic enough for it to pop out. That method worked nicely and I was able to use the original Jackson screws and springs.

I cleaned up and oil bathed the bridge along with all the oxidised screws. Replaced the nut clamp bolts and gave it a rough set up. She scrubbed up pretty nice, plays well and sounds completely and different in comparison to the Heartfield with those same pickups.

Comment

Nice work on that Dinky, I can't believe how grimy it was!

Excuse the crappy phone pic of my PS4 (I realise it isn't a Professional but I was feeling left out)

I had it fully rebuilt and with new electrics in England in 2007 and it's on its second tremolo which has also worn out and will be replaced with the LP580 from my other guitar. I want to change the pick ups to something shreddy now that I have a Les Paul and this new thing (thread about that awaiting approval by the moderators). I was thinking about a Gravity Storm in the neck, a true velvet single coil and a D-Activator in the bridge, with coil splits and a switch to enable both humbuckers at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X