finally sold my RR5 and I'm bummed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally sold my RR5 and I'm bummed

Bought a white RR5 back in 2003 for $1199, new. Since then it remained one of the nicest playing guitars I've ever owned, amongst my USA jacksons, Charvels, Ernie Balls, Gibsons, Fenders and an odd Ibenhad, it just sang and sang and sang.

Years go by and I'm not the little long haired metalhead I used to be and found myself never really playing the Rhoads. Thinned out my stable and mainly play my San Dimas tele and Pro Mod Wild Card #7 and a Jazz bass I got, the Rhoads just collected dust.

I tried to sell it locally and on ebay over the last year or two, but just could not for the life of me get what I wanted for it. I always hovered around $600 w/case and no one bit, couldn't bring myself to sell it for less. Its truly an immaculate machine.

Recently hit some hard times, started playing bass in a band and needed bass gear so I start pushing this thing on ebay. Ended up selling for $450, I charged $50 for shipping, just on a hunch. Ended up costing 80 (insured) to ship since it went over the size limit for priority mail. Ebay takes $45 or so dollars as fee, and I basically get $380 for an amazing guitar I paid $1200 for.

I just felt like venting. I'm bummed.

Thank god I have easy access to shipping materials, those didn't cost me anything.

i feel your pain i remember selling my dk2 on ebay because i needed money then instantly regret it

Comment

guitar sales really suck right now. 8 1/2 days on ebay and I couldn't sell a warmoth build with case for 400 shipped. some MIJ J/C are really hot going for stupid prices but most the bottom fell out. it sucks big time.

Comment

I have been trying to sell two USA SD plated Jacksons and no interest at all.
        Selling sucks right now.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sucks. Sorry to hear your story. I think we have all sold a piece of gear for less than we would like, but the added insult of the shipping in ebay fee's would get me going as well.

Comment

And the kicker in all this is since you sold it on Ebay, the buyer basically has six months to try it out to see if they like it. If not, they can return it for a full refund due to Ebay/Paypal's new ridiculous 180 return policy.
            Good deals with:
            Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

That sucks bad! Sorry to hear that! The fees on ebay have just gotten outrageous as have shipping charges. Besides our classifieds here I've been testing the waters with Reverb.com as well as some classifieds on facebook as alternative selling points. It's a tough choice when you really need the money but are taking such a huge hit. I've been there several times myself. Vent all you need to my friend!

Comment

that's INSANE

Comment

Man, I have an Ivory RR5 I was debating on selling too...

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa View Post
                    Ended up selling for $450, I charged $50 for shipping, just on a hunch. Ended up costing 80 (insured) to ship since it went over the size limit for priority mail. Ebay takes $45 or so dollars as fee, and I basically get $380 for an amazing guitar I paid $1200 for.
                    My math says you ended up with only $375

Comment

Working...
                    X