Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else here score a really sweet SLX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else here score a really sweet SLX?

From what i am reading these guitars are hit and miss?
    You either get one that is awesome or one that is garbage?
    I bought mine for $300 on ebay and it had been modded by the owner with USA duncans and a professional fret level/dressing.
    Also i replaced the duncans for a dimarzio EVO2 and Paf pro and installed a brass block on the floyd.
    this guitar is the best under $500 guitar i ever owned/played. sounds and plays as good as the USA counterpart
    anyone else have one of these? even in stock form i think they are great guitars.

Ya I scored one a few months back at a local pawn shop for under $250 out the door. Installed an Evolution and Super 3 as well as USA controls and a FU-Tone.com bras block.

Its no 3K SL2H but its easily a guitar that plays as though it was worth 1K for sure!

Comment

I had one for a bit. It was definitely a really solid guitar for the money. I ended up getting rid of it because mine had some minor cosmetic issues (chewed up binding on high frets). Played great though. I might consider getting another one since it seems that they've ironed out the cosmetic issues. Apparently they're going to make them in yellow now, which I think would look really great!

Comment

Ive been trying to find a fairly priced one used but dont ever see them. I guess that means theyre great guitars. How do they feel weight wise? I have an rrxt and i like it but its almost too light.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
          I had one for a bit. It was definitely a really solid guitar for the money. I ended up getting rid of it because mine had some minor cosmetic issues (chewed up binding on high frets). Played great though. I might consider getting another one since it seems that they've ironed out the cosmetic issues. Apparently they're going to make them in yellow now, which I think would look really great!
          yeah they added yellow and red to the color options.
          I really did NOT want all black but i got it so cheap i did not care.
          I wish they made these in pagan gold and crimson swirl

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
            Ive been trying to find a fairly priced one used but dont ever see them. I guess that means theyre great guitars. How do they feel weight wise? I have an rrxt and i like it but its almost too light.
            My SLX is lighter than my charvel san dimas and so cal but not by that much.
            I would say these weigh what other basswood guitars this shape weigh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
              yeah they added yellow and red to the color options.
              I really did NOT want all black but i got it so cheap i did not care.
              I wish they made these in pagan gold and crimson swirl
              I like the taxi yellow
              Is the slime green a new color option? I wish they offered the slxt in these colors

Comment

Slime Green replaces Kawasabi Green, much better.

Comment

Working...
                X