• What do I have

I have a Guitar here that I cannot ID.
    Bolt Neck 24-Fret w/ Kelly style body
    2 Duncan Designed HB's HB103N/HB103B
    Black Body w/Chrome Hardware; Licensed Floyd
    Unbound 24 fret Rosewood Board w/ Sharkfin Inlays
    Maple Neck w/Scarf Joint....Jumbo Frets
    1 Volume knob
    There is a Blank Gold Sticker on the back of the neck by the pocket and a White sticker with a 7 digit SN# ?? starting with 109
    I believe it is a Factory second as it has a 2 stamped into the last fret area.

Case Logo

Body

Licensed Floyd

Logo

Welcome. I believe that's a KX10D. If you pull the neck off, there may be some marking on the neck and in the neck pocket that helps identify it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Welcome. I believe that's a KX10D. If you pull the neck off, there may be some marking on the neck and in the neck pocket that helps identify it.
      Looks like it says 3-1 and 1M

Comment

Im going to agree with toejam. But could it be an orginal KE3 from the mid 90s?
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by wstoll View Post
          Looks like it says 3-1 and 1M
          Sorry, I have no idea what that means.

Comment

Originally posted by DK2M92 View Post
            Im going to agree with toejam. But could it be an orginal KE3 from the mid 90s?
            I don't think the KE3 ever came with that cheaper JT500 trem, did it? I thought it only had the JT580.

Comment

A sticker with the serial number on it?

Comment

I'm guessing PS-6T (Performer) body and either a KE3 neck. The blank gold sticker on neck by the heel probably once said "Made In Japan" but wore off. Maybe the white SN sticker is what the factory did with it being a 2nd..
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

10xxxxx is made in Korea. Must say Performer on the headstock?
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Blank TR cover, nothing indication a model anywhere. I am cleaning it up right now. Pretty sure this is the original neck! Very tight
                    pocket and no signs it had ever been removed. Probably has a pound of buffer compound in the cavities. I know it is a lower end Model. The Trem is missing the thread part for the arm. Was found in a trash pile on the curb! So putting a little bit of $ into it is
                    still a win. Had pretty good action and all electronics work. Just trying to find out what it really is. Unfortunately the archived 2000
                    Catalog is un-readable for the X series. Every catalog I have seen showing these with 1 Volume knob, says 1V 1T in the spec sheet.
                    Guess Jackson didn't care about accuracy in the low end listings....LOL.

I think it will clean up nice. I saw a thread somewhere saying the White stickers with numbers were Inventory stickers and not SN#'s. This is a 7 digit Number starting with 1099xxx. So you think Korea? almost everything I find online is pointing to India. I'm
                    not confident, that I will find out but it isn't a big deal.......I know this isn't some lost Super Dooper Model......and it was zero dollars for my buddy, who found it.

Comment

Ooops. Clearly, Performer isn't written on the headstock.
                      Judging by the number, I'd say Korean PS6T with a neck swap or a model not released in North America.
                      BUT, numbers are tricky. Indian numbers are at least 8 digits unless it's a fairly recent model and NHJ is in front of the number, then they can be 7 digits.
                      Another theory is it's a 2001, Indian KX10D with the 0 missing from the beginning of the serial. I've seen misprints before.
                      It also looks like the K10 Pro Musicians Friend exclusive from the late 90's, but the serial is off for that as well.

I'm perplexed...
                      Last edited by Mudlark; 06-25-2014, 04:19 PM.
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        Ooops. Clearly, Performer isn't written on the headstock.
                        Judging by the number, I'd say Korean PS6T with a neck swap or a model not released in North America.
                        BUT, numbers are tricky. Indian numbers are at least 8 digits unless it's a fairly recent model and NHJ is in front of the number, then they can be 7 digits.
                        Another theory is it's a 2001, Indian KX10D with the 0 missing from the beginning of the serial. I've seen misprints before.
                        It also looks like the K10 Pro Musicians Friend exclusive from the late 90's, but the serial is off for that as well.

I'm perplexed...

Is there any info posted anywhere on that K10 pro??

I do not think the neck was swapped, that neck pocket looks to have "original junk" is very tight and the neck screw holes seem like I am the first person to unscrew them. Assuming the case is original, how long did they use that Charvel/Jackson Logo? I see that logo in the 1992 Catalogs.

Comment

If you google image 'Jackson K10 'Pro' or 'Kelly' you should find a small number of pics. The K10 has a chrome trem like yours and sharkfins, but keep in mind I may be wrong. The serial number still confuses me for an Indian made guitar, which the k10 apparently was. There are wiser folks here that may correct my theories.

Here's an old thread mentioning the K10: http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/964...-ID-this-Kelly

Comment

JS Kelly with a neck swap most likely or even a K-10 body with another neck.
                            The Kelly K-10 MF version had dots, not fins.

Attached Files
                            -Rick

Comment

I had a MF special It was called the JK-20 pro, and it had the JT-500 trem and sharkies.
                              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                              X