jackson js32t King V upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson js32t King V upgrade

Hello there. I'm new here and I currently own a jackson king v (js series). I've been thinking about upgrading it in october since thats when the guitar completes 1 year. I have a budget of 300/350 to spend on this guitar, so I'm here to look for help finding out what kind of tuners,bridge,pickups etc. are best for this guitar and waht exactly I should look to upgrad on the guitar. The guitar cost me 280 last year, its made out of basswood. I know that I could buy a new one but to be honest I don't see any jackson that is worth buying(verses upgrading the one that I have) below 600 euros.

I hope I am posting this on the right section and I'm sorry if I made any mistake or did not make myself very clear, its just that english isn't my mother language.
    Thanks in advance.

Welcome. What exactly don't you like on the guitar that you want/need upgraded?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

first...the pickups...the guitar makes a lot a of static noise...I really wanted that to end...they also doun't sound very well. I play mostly metal. I have been playing for about a year, and right nw I'm learning a few metallica songs but my main aim is that melodic death metal sound like arch enemy/ In flames. Second I would also wanto to improve the tuning ability. It easily goes out of tune after a few hours of playing

Comment

Bump

Comment

New pickups and locking tuners would be a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by bucketbrian45 View Post
            New pickups and locking tuners would be a good start.
            +1. I would definitely change the tuners. Not that I have experience with Jackson's lower line models but a good set of Gotoh's or Schaller's make any guitar better in my estimation if said guitar doesn't come with name brand tuners. I only own USA Jackson's and I've never had a tuning issue with the machines that come on them. I do believe Gotoh makes the stock tuners for the USA models. I would suggest EMG's if you want a metal type tone on the guitar you're speaking of. I'd go with an 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. Awesome set up in my opinion for metal.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I have a JS32 Dinky that I use for alt tunings. I replaced the stock Jackson tuners with Gotoh tuners, and mine stays in tune just fine. I also swapped the stock pickups for Seymour Duncan Blackouts and absolutely love them. Your mileage may vary though.
              Last edited by Kynlore; 06-20-2014, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Also, Gotoh tuners should be a drop in replacement...no need to drill new mounting screws holes. I was informed by a Gotoh dealer, that a direct replacement for my USA Select Jackson branded tuners was the SG381. I was impatient and got a set of Jackson tuners instead and haven't had any tuning issues. As leftykingv2 mentioned, Gotoh makes some of the Jackson branded tuners.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                  Also, Gotoh tuners should be a drop in replacement...no need to drill new mounting screws holes. I was informed by a Gotoh dealer, that a direct replacement for my USA Select Jackson branded tuners was the SG381. I was impatient and got a set of Jackson tuners instead and haven't had any tuning issues. As leftykingv2 mentioned, Gotoh makes some of the Jackson branded tuners.
                  I bought these from Stewmac and they were a direct replacement.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...ne_Tuners.html

Comment

Also, I would replace all the pots and output jack with good quality stuff. That might help you with your static sound. You should be able to order all that stuff fairly cheap online.

Comment

Working...
                    X