Jackson King V KVT Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson King V KVT Pro

I'm planning to buy third guitar. I already have Custom Shop Jackson KV and Custom Shop Ran KV (made in Poland). The options are: KV-2 (with jumbo frets) or KVT Pro. Not sure if I want to spend 1400€ for third guitar as I already have custom shop KV.

Do any of you have any experience about Jackson King V KVT Pro? As far as I know it's pretty new model.

The specs are very close to KV-2 / KV2T:

Body - Alder
    Neck Material - 3-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body
    Neck Finish - Hand-Rubbed-Oil
    Neck Shape - Speed Neck
    Neck Binding - White
    Fretboard - Ebony
    Fret Size - Jumbo
    Inlays - Alumiloid Shark Fin

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/guitars/king-v/models/pro-king-v-kvt-ebony-fingerboard-gloss-black/

Thanks.

I cannot say nothing about the Jackson KV... but I've heard about the Ran. Very appreciated, except from one guy with a really bad experience with them.
    If you're interested, I can try to find where this guy speaks about it (in spanish).

Comment

Originally posted by Botijo View Post
      I cannot say nothing about the Jackson KV... but I've heard about the Ran. Very appreciated, except from one guy with a really bad experience with them.
      If you're interested, I can try to find where this guy speaks about it (in spanish).
      I already have Ran Custom KV and Jackson Custom KV. I was asking opinions about new KVT Pro.

Comment

I'd hit that.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I had a new KVMG pro and it was very nice but It had issues with electronics. The 3-way switch would cut the guitar off completely when switching from neck to bridge pickup (not always). Replacing the switch and/or pots would be an easy fix. Body, paint, and neck were awesome on it!

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
            I had a new KVMG pro and it was very nice but It had issues with electronics. The 3-way switch would cut the guitar off completely when switching from neck to bridge pickup (not always). Replacing the switch and/or pots would be an easy fix. Body, paint, and neck were awesome on it!
            Ok, thx. How about Floyd Rose FRT?

Comment

That FRT special or 1000 (not sure which model it is) is awesome and stays in tune perfect (at least for me it did) I had no issues with that as well as the EMG's everything was top notch with the exception of the switch. Very nice guitar. I also have a Charvel SD 2H with the FRT Special and it has been very solid for 2 years now.

Comment

Well... the 2014 KVT pro is supposed to be manufactured in Mexico. German retailer Thoman had them scheduled to be in stock on yesterday 12th of May 2014. Alas the guitars didn't ship yet. Can anyone confirm the actual shipping date for these guitars?

Comment

For 1400 Euros you can get a HELL of an USA Jackson over here even with shipping. there are plenty of Nice USA's and even san Dimas USA jackson for sale. thats 1900 US Dollars.

Comment

I am also very interested in this model. Been looking for a high end trans finish string thru Rhoads (either Green, Blue or Red) and have struck out miserably then I saw this thread and looked at the model in red trans. It is quite striking looking. Does anyone have any "in person" expierience with what the trans quilt tops look like on the Pro series guitars these days? I want to place an order tonight.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The Vaneer they use for these Trans tops are very nice. ive had a few over the years and never saw one that fell short like you see on Gibsons

Comment

Thanks for the info Bob. The only expierience I've had with Pro trans tops was a KE3 I used to have with BCB flame top and it was nice, but do remember those "photo flames and quilts" they had in the 90's that looked nice from a distance but fell short up close.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
                          For 1400 Euros you can get a HELL of an USA Jackson over here even with shipping. there are plenty of Nice USA's and even san Dimas USA jackson for sale. thats 1900 US Dollars.
                          I know...prices are totally different overseas. Couple of years ago I ordered brand new Jackson KV-2 (Snow White) from Matt's Music Center; it was 1500 euros + shipping...here 2800 euros + shipping. My Custom KV ordered through Matt's was like $4000. Don't even want to know price here in Europe. I was offered used KV-2 and difference to stock model is Jumbo frets vs. Medium Frets.

German retailer Thoman had them scheduled to be in stock on yesterday 12th of May 2014. Alas the guitars didn't ship yet. Can anyone confirm the actual shipping date for these guitars?
                          Called to Thomann earlier today. They said estimated delivery for KVT Pro will be end of July

Comment

Working...
                          X