For those interested in the MIM DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those interested in the MIM DK2

Got to have a quick go at the DK2HT in metallic black today. Build quality seems pretty reasonable although it obviously needs a set up (don't all guitars?).

Actually felt similar to the MIJ DK2 in many ways, the main difference was the fretboard, it seemed rather flat like an Ibanez. Fret ends were tidy, comfy to play, sounded okay but I'm not a Duncan fan so they would go straight away.

Considering it's Australia, it had $999 down to $749 then a further 35% off til next Sunday.

They also had a new flat black JS32T Kelly for $329, an RRXT for $999 (pffft, sod that) & a JS 7 string which I was looking at getting one but this didn't feel good, quality was nice, just don't think I'll get 7 now Ive tried one, not my thing. Jacksons are hard to come by here.

Back to the DK, if they can get the maple version in purple, I may just have to give it a new home.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

I'm very interested in the MIM DKs. It seems that ever since I bought my first MIJ DK2M, all I want to buy is maple fretboard Dinkys (though I wouldn't mid a So-Cal either!). The problem is knowing which one I like best - I've got a thing for the maple/floyd model in Chlorine and for the maple/hardtail in blue glow, and the DKA7 seven string...

Does anybody know why the purple metallic/blue glow hardtail models are so pricy when you compare them to the other DK2s? Over here, they run about £670, while the plain finish/rosewood board ones run about £580, the quilt top/rosewood board about £590, the quit top/maple board about £630. Is a metallic finish really that much more expensive? I don't know, it just puts me off - it's nearly £100 more than the black/rosewood one, and I thought it was bad enough that they're more expensive than the MIJ ones were. But the blue glow and the metallic purple are so sexy, so I would probably get over it! Heh.

I'm very tempted to order one - at this stage probably a DKA7 so that I can try out this seven string malarkey.
    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

I've been looking at the chlorine-burst hard-tail myself. The purple crossed my mind briefly, but I think it's too bright of a purple for me. I've never had a maple fretboard before, though have always liked the look of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
        I'm very tempted to order one - at this stage probably a DKA7 so that I can try out this seven string malarkey.
        I've been thinking about that as well, but the headstock looks ridiculous. Much prefer the smurf hat on 7s.

Comment

I look at the new MIM's this way. If the quality on the MIM Jacksons is as good as the quality on MIM Strats then they should be damn good guitars.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
            I've been thinking about that as well, but the headstock looks ridiculous. Much prefer the smurf hat on 7s.
            Yeah, I'm not really a fan either, but I think I can overlook it. I like the smurf hat and the Broderick. The others look stupidly oversized.
            Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat; 04-17-2014, 11:35 AM.
            I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Working...
            X