Almost had a RR24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost had a RR24

In a state of mild, pleasant intoxication last night, I came across a good looking black w/ yellow bevels RR24 on the 'bay. Almost pulled the trigger but fell asleep before I managed to get outta bed and put in a bid. Here's the thing- never played one. I've owned an RR1 and had a 24.75" scale custom shop XTRR.

I like the 24 frets and 25.5" scale. But the one p'up kinda makes it a one-trick pony. Being MIJ, the build quality is generally regarded as very good?

Anyone have additional insights on the RR24? Worth $700- $1000?

Yeah, they're great. My main players live. They sound good, but are replaceable. I added a neck pickup to my 24m, might do it to my red bevel one too.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Yep like Rob said, I had a Black/Yellow one and the neck was too fat for my hands,My Black\Red one is much better
      Thinking about doing what Rob did and add a neck pup, my main player though is my Jackson Stars 24 fret Rhoads

Comment

Vector the one you were looking at I almost bid on as well. It was a pre production with reverse inlays, white binding, and logo matching bevels. Very nice. They were limited to 200 then went into production in 3 versions. All production versions had reg. inlays with black binding and white logo. Yellow, red, and white (I think that was third color). We would have ended up in a bidding war if we weren't lazy lol

Comment

LOL! Damn, wish I had known all this before I went to bed...

Comment

Oh it was a rev inlay/white binding one? Yeah, weren't many of them made... Ive got one, took me a while to get it! I like it, neck isn't very fat and I hate fat necks.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Actually my Black\w Red bevels has a Red logo to match the logo, wish they did the reverse sharkies
              Here's my old Black/Yellow
              And my Black\Red in action, lighting makes it look like pink bevels

Comment

I don't like the looks of my black RR24M but it is one of the best playing and sounding guitars I own. It's 100% perfect cosmetically, so I'd hate to refinish it.

Comment

eBay + mild intoxication = good things arrive via FedEx next week!

Comment

Ive given up on these, not easy to find, then there's the stupid prices I find them at.................much like the MIJ DK2M.

Comment

^ I just bought a DK2M from GC used for $325, a few weeks ago.
                      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Ive come across quite a few good ones cheap but either I'm off the shipping list or it's as much as the axe itself.

"I come from the land down under, where the price of guitars makes you chunder"

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                          Yeah, they're great. My main players live. They sound good, but are replaceable. I added a neck pickup to my 24m, might do it to my red bevel one too.
                          Hey Rob, can you post any photos of your modified 24m?

Comment

Believe it or not, its my main axe, so Ive never actually taken pictures of it in its current form, but Ive got some live shots of it...

Comment

Rob: cool how that's now your main guitar. I remember you almost sold it to me when you first got it because you didn't like the maple fretboard or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X