DK 2 mod is complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK 2 mod is complete

Here is my DK-2 I just finished modding..

Added a separate volume control with gold Q-partfor the bridge PuP,replaced the POS SD designed by single coils with an Iron Gear Smokestack II in the neck and a Pig Iron in the middle. I also added a 5 way super as well.. the neck volume is a push/push pot and the bridge and tone are push/pull

5 way possitions
    1)neck
    2)N+M
    3)Middle
    4)N+B
    5)Bridge

Neck volume DPDT:switch either 1 coil or both
    Bridge Volume DPDT: volume bypass
    Tone DPDT.. switch between two orange drop caps..

There was a few hiccups along the way though.. unfortunately
    I havent done any wirings in a bit, so I was a bit rusty and the original drawing I had drawn was not quite right.. sloppy soldering when I started.. by the time I finished I was much more proficient...kept rewiring the guitar until it was right... Like 4 times.. lol.. But what the hell.. I needed the practice

I also fucked up when i drilled the hole.. just got the drill and was unfamiliar with it..in short..The drill got away from me.. result is another scar.. But.. Its not a fuck up as I learned in the process.. atleast I hope I did.. ATLEAST I didnt fuckup with the forester bit.. Since I run things through my PC alot.. I get some noise from the rear pickup/switch position.. Need to track down the culprit.. Im actually thinking of sending the pup off to get it refurbished.. new bottom plate as one of the ears is fucked(had to make the pickup height static because of it).. possibly repotted.. and a new braided wire.. UNLESS someone that just bought a 79'LP and decides to replace a pup an wants to sell one of the 79' T-Tops to me.. Hint.. hint

I might actually buy all new pots and switches and do a much neater job.. Hell I can use the switches/pots on my LTD m-107..
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

I meant to say that... The gold pickup cover on the old neck pickup I had, would not work on the new.. The pole spacings are different.. I had 52mm covers instead of 50mm.. only option is to leave it uncovered or paint the one that the pickup came with.. I think Ill leave it uncovered..

Im also thinking about buying a rail single coil and replace the smokestack II.. it sounds ok but I was expecting more.. Now.. the pig iron sounds so creamy in the middle..serious blues sound happening Also.. the neck + bridge sounds really twangy now.. almost like a wah is left open.. very trebly.. A tad different than what I was expecting, as I had it wired in a similar fashion and did not sound like that.. Ill keep it wired as-is as its kinda kool

In case no one has figured it out by the types of PuP's in my guitar.. Modern guitar feel..blues/rock sound is what my dinky is all about..
    GEAR:
    #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
    #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
    #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
    #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
    #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
    AMPS:
    1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
    ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

Working...
    X