New SLX - anyone got one yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SLX - anyone got one yet?

I heard these were coming out around now. Has anyone got one yet? The ad says "nato body". The original SLX's had basswood bodies. What kinda tone difference should I expect?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Everything I've read says it's tonal qualities are basically the same as Mahogany, but it is not as nice looking. My guess is much like Poplar is tonally the same as Alder but can be kinda greenish and ugly.

That said I like the look of the series. The imports across the board have been looking better and better.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I kind of want to get a yellow one and throw some purple pickups/controls on it.

Essentially, it's mahogany from Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
        Everything I've read says it's tonal qualities are basically the same as Mahogany, but it is not as nice looking. My guess is much like Poplar is tonally the same as Alder but can be kinda greenish and ugly.

That said I like the look of the series. The imports across the board have been looking better and better.
        Right on in my experience too. Alder and poplar, in addition to being greenish also can be a real bitch to sand, they have a soapy residue that is tough to get through not that you would be dealing with that. Just a possible reason for Jackson choosing Nato. I hated the idea at first but actually does not sound all that bad. If you like guitar go for it, but try and play one first, that is always the clincher. Could be made of brazilian cockamanitoo exotic BS, but if you hate the way if feels, what's the point?

Comment

I've got a Korean BCR with a NATO body. It is a decent tone wood. I think they chose it because it is local and plentiful and cheap.

Comment

So do we have any update on when these are going to be released?

Comment

I checked Thomann (Germany) and they won't have them til 12th May.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Dammit, they keep putting it back.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

There's a few sellers on fleegay with the slime green ones.

Comment

I want the yellow one, no likey slimy mudhole my home this is
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Red and green now available, taxi yellow delayed until 29th Aug. Bet it doesn't happen
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I'm also still waiting for the Yellow one to be available online via Sweetwater or AMS here in the US, the same goes for the new Drab Army Green WRXMG Warrior.
                        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

It seems that thomann has the yellow one available now. http://www.thomann.de/pt/jackson_soloist_slx_tcy.htm

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                            I'm also still waiting for the Yellow one to be available online via Sweetwater or AMS here in the US, the same goes for the new Drab Army Green WRXMG Warrior.
                            Drab Puke ya mean?

Originally posted by anarkhos View Post
                            It seems that thomann has the yellow one available now. http://www.thomann.de/pt/jackson_soloist_slx_tcy.htm
                            Ahh, thanks
                            Last edited by wilkinsi; 08-18-2014, 02:29 PM.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                              Drab Puke ya mean?
                              Still, it's a better option than your standard boring black, and to me it looks closer to olive green.
                              -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Working...
                              X