need some help professional xl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help professional xl

So ive set up a deal with a fellow member on a 1996 Jackson Professional Soloist xl. The deal is set in stone and im happy with the price etc.. But what the difference between the 96 and the 92 to 95. Im sure its a 96 because serial is J6xxxxx and also,it has the Jackson stamped schaller also it has rosewood, binding and mother of pearl.
    You cannot kill the metal! The metal will live on!

Rosewood instead of ebony for one.

Comment

All the xls have rosewood, im asking whats the difference between 92 to 95 xls and the 96 xl, i consider myself somewhat of an expert on the 90 to 95 professional soloists and the other professionals but ive never delt with the 96 model i assume its the same as the 92 to 95 xls but really im just curious as to why these are not sought out as much as the 90 to 95 professionals.

Comment

I think they switched to the jt580lp trem on those(my 96 dx1 did),the necks were not as thin, they no longer had MOP inlays(my dx1 still had MOP though), and I think the pickups are different.

Comment

Is that just the dinkyies because this one appears to have evering the 92 to 95 has with the execption of an upgraded trem.

Comment

I always thought the 90 thru 93 were the sought after pro's

Comment

Im talking about the professional xl models.

Comment

I guess it all depends on who you ask really some seek 90 to 93 and some seek 90 to 95 and some only want 94 and 95. The professionals are such a unique series of jackson in all variants std,xl,pro. But im asking the difference between the 93-95s and the 96. There doesnt seem to be much info on the 96 professional soloist xl, its not on audiozone.dk and thats my go to website.

Comment

I compared the 96 dx1 and the 93 dinky xl I had for the specs when I posted so I'm not going off of the catalogs. In reality the xl models are gone in 96 (xl dinky became dx1 and so on) so if it has a 96 serial number it's a 95 throwback. It happens a lot with Jackson and Charvels.

Comment

92-93 were the golden years, original schaller trems, binding etc... 94-96 Jackson finally caught on that Japanese quality was too close to USA quality and started to adjust accordingally unfortunately, but business is business

Comment

My 96 professional soloist xl has binding, rosewood and a schaller thats made in germany?

Comment

The Schaller and the JT580LP (square baseplate) should both fit the route. Could have been swapped.
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Im sure it was too as stated before, wo basically theres no difference other than the stock trems.

Comment

Working...
                          X