No announcement yet.

pre 90s professional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Black Cherry to me, too. The old '87 Model 6 and '88 Model 5A I had were the same color.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I love, LOVE my Fusion. One of the best guitars I own. Bought it for 160$CND with a case! Black with nicks and scratches but nothing major. I personally think black is the epic Jackson color...I mean whats better then a black Jackson?...err..anyways. I replaced the worn Schaller with a brand new one. Not cheap but well worth it. I put a gravity storm in the bridge position and have left the "single coil" rails. Its such a unique guitar and an awesome player. Anyone that picks is up loves it. It actually, reminds me of my 89 RG570. I would scoop another one in a second. I would love a USA with an ebony board....
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Solid colors were basswood, trans finish only came on the mahogany bodies and dark red was the only trans color offered.
        My 92 mahogany came with a takeuchi JT 590 LP.(angled base plate 94 on up had the square base plate.)
        Not sure they even offered black cherry to be honest.
        Deff not an 87.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You are right for the 92 model year.
          The store I was managing at the time had picked up the line late 92.
          The 92 catalog shows just black and trans red. with the mahogany being the trans red.
          But after the HH was not in the 93 catalog it re-appeared in the 94 catalog with black cherry added that year. And the only wood listed was mahogany. My black one was a good chunk of mahogany.
          Wish I still had that one.
          But my black cherry is definitely a basswood body. After finding my floyd studs were not sitting right in the route. I found the cracks breaking up. The wood was so soft and light I had to pull that guitar out of use till I could find a solution.
          An odd flaw. Never had another guitar do that ever. Knock on wood.
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
          A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

That is a 1994 or 95 Fusion HH, I have one. First year of the jt-580, notice the base plate is NOT angled in the rear, which makes it perfect for putting an OFR in there and have it look natural. IMO, I think they got some flack from Floyd Rose and angled the rear of base plate, to make it clear it is a licensed trem. Still a fantastic guitar, worth every penny. I wouldn't go any later though, then it is is USA or nothing, for me anyways. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              Solid colors were basswood, trans finish only came on the mahogany bodies and dark red was the only trans color offered.
              My 92 mahogany came with a takeuchi JT 590 LP.(angled base plate 94 on up had the square base plate.)
              Not sure they even offered black cherry to be honest.
              Deff not an 87.
              Jt-590 is the Schaller trem variant and the Black Cherry model is basswood, not mahogany. Also 1994 was the only year for the square base plate, late 94/95 on up is all angled NOT squared. It is a jt-580lp NOT 590. Seems StrayCAT doesn't know his stuff! Remember me? lol

Comment

Working...
              X