Traded my way to a Dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traded my way to a Dk2m

So I started out with a Fender Telecaster I bought at a close out price from Best Buy, didn't really play it, traded it straight up for a near mint Epiphone Les Paul Classic with the Epiphone case, played it somewhat, now traded it for an all original red 2006 DK2M!!! I know that last trade might have been a trade down value wise but based on what I paid for the Telecaster I came out on top again!!!! Pics to follow. Just needed a fret polish, new strings, and input jack tightening. It'll eventually go to my luthier for a proper setup. I love Craigslist!!

Congrats. I have an American Standard Telecaster and a DK2M, among other guitars. They are completely different animals. I would say that your first trade for the Epiphone was the trade down value wise, and that your last trade was a trade up!
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

nice!!! good job!

Comment

I don't remember that last time I posted pics but did something change? I can't get my pic from Photobucket to post. On his site I can't even get cut and paste to work!

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
          So I started out with a Fender Telecaster I bought at a close out price from Best Buy, didn't really play it, traded it straight up for a near mint Epiphone Les Paul Classic with the Epiphone case, played it somewhat, now traded it for an all original red 2006 DK2M!!! I know that last trade might have been a trade down value wise but based on what I paid for the Telecaster I came out on top again!!!! Pics to follow. Just needed a fret polish, new strings, and input jack tightening. It'll eventually go to my luthier for a proper setup. I love Craigslist!!
          Nah, the last trade was great. You gave a MIC Epi for a MIJ Jackson!
          You the man. What color on the DK2M? Seymour PUPs or Duncan
          Design?

Comment

Solid red, jb/59s I believe. I think all the dk2ms had real Duncan's. The Epi with case could have fetched $350. It's the Classic with the quilted veneer top. I'd pay that much for the DK2m but honestly they can found for under three bills even used at GC. But I'm good, it was a no hassle, quick transaction. I picked up a dead mint one in black for two years ago and later traded it for a MIJ Charvel Pro Mod but that's another story....

Comment

value means very little...the only thing you should be concerned with is are you happy with the guitar you have?...and it sounds like you are...so congrats and enjoy it...d.m.
              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Old horse trader. LOL A win is a win. Good for you.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

http://
                  Here it is. I'm still working on getting the volume knob replaced and removing that E off of the truss rod cover.

Comment

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                    value means very little...
                    Amen. And I hope I find more of those types of guys to trade with. Like the guy traded his ESP Eclipse II for my Epiphone Slash, or the Charvel Pro Mod I got for the Jackson DK with the DD pickups, it goes on and on.

Comment

Working...
                    X