2006?? DKM2 in transparent red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006?? DKM2 in transparent red

Just bought this DK2M from GC because of the posts and comments I've seen on the forum and that maple board is freakin' awesome!!!
    It's supposed to be a 2006, but I'm not 100% sure.
    I'm a little nervous about the purchase because I ordered it online, but since GC has a 30 day guarantee, I took a chance on it.

DK2M.jpg
    This is the only photo I have of the guitar. The tech I talked to said it was in great condition and seemed to play well. Hopefully it's as nice as he claims it is...

Looks good. I think the Japanese DK2M was introduced around 2006 an ended around 2010. The serial number should narrow it down to within a year.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it out when Mr. UPS shows up tomorrow

Comment

Hey man I've got an 07' in Black that I got in new in 07' and its a great guitar. Played many of them and not one has been bad, great versitile guitars.
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Congrats on your wise selection, a seriously awesome axe.

Comment

I wasn't sure when they came out, either. I've got 5 DK2M necks and I think they're all stamped 2008, so I thought that's when they came out.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Looks good. I think the Japanese DK2M was introduced around 2006 an ended around 2010. The serial number should narrow it down to within a year.
              +1. My white DK2M is a late 2009 MIJ model. Great guitars, and
              congrats on the score!

Comment

OK. So I got the DK2M a couple days ago. Wow!!! What an axe. It plays and feels just as good as my CS Charvel. Sounds great too! Guitar Center was very accurate concerning the condition of the instrument when I talked to them, so props to the Richmond VA GC!
                It is a 2006 based on the serial number 97XXXXX

Here's a couple pics. Sorry for the Iphone quality...
                DK2M2.jpgDK2M3.jpgDK2M4.jpg
                Last edited by Laceyswiss; 01-24-2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Looks nice, glad it worked out.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Nice, congrats! I'm waiting for a black one that's supposed to arrive in the middle of next week.
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                    X