NGD. It's a Jackson DR3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fett View Post
    That's OK. I figured $175 with no tax and no shipping cost was a fair deal. Do I EMG it?
    If you like EMGs, why not? 85 in bridge with 81 or 60 neck is always a winner for me.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

DR-3s also have "Professional" on the headstock after the Jackson logo, a small cutout on the bottom horn for upper fret access (Mine did at least, the red one above is a later model with the Chrome Hardware), as well as the Gibson style 3 way and the direct mounted "Duncan Designed" pick-ups supposedly modeled off of the Duncan Distortions.

A DR-3 was my first non $100 guitar. I paid $689 from MF in 1996 (still have the receipt from the Cashier's check from the bank and the MF catalog ) when I was still in HS and my parents were so pissed off!!! LoL

I still have it, will never get rid of it, but it is dead, I played that thing to death. I tried to revive it a few years ago with a new JT580 and nut, actual Duncans (Tried the Distortion set and actually a JB and '59 sounded better, only guitar I have liked the JB in, must be the basswood), but it still wouldn't stay in tune, has a couple bent frets, lots of dings and dents...it was definitely a player. Loved the neck on that guitar.

I would love to get a USA Jackson spec'd exactly the same, only with Alder/Ebony instead of Basswood/Rosewood.

I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        Do I win that guitar?!?
        Edited for being in the serious section of the board. Joe that guitar had bad luck in after getting a flame job...
        Last edited by Jayster; 01-03-2014, 11:02 AM.
        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Sure thing!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X