King V's with gold hardware.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V's with gold hardware.

Question for ya guys. I have finally got some money to put into the King V STD I bought about 6 months ago. Im going to replace the JT-580(non LP) with an OFR, and was wondering if the gold would look good? Thinking of replacing bridge,posts, and the nut in gold and leaving the black tuners. If anyone has any King V's preferably Black like mine with gold hardware I'd like to see them, or hear what ya guys think. And yes I know the KV STD has dots :P
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Or any Jacksons with gold floyds might help as well for a reference.
    Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Comment

Awesome! Thats a head turner for sure man. Thing would look sweet with stage lights hittin' it!
        Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Personally, I think Gold Hardware looks good on solid Black or solid White. I would say though that it you're going to go Gold, go all the way. Trem, nut, tuners, buttons, knobs, pickup rings, & jack plate.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Gold goes better with some colors than others. As has been shown, green is one of the colors it compliments. Shades of purple also tend to work well with it.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Well I went ahead and was boring and got black lol. I just figured the gold would look odd with dots, no binding, and on a bolt on neck. So being the thrash man that I am I just went ahead and continued with the all black King V. Im stoked to get this thing worked on so it will DESTROY. Its almost my number one it just needs some work and it should be right there with my DK2M. First order of business was to rid me of that crappy JT-580 non LP and swap it with a good bridge.
              Last edited by DK2M92; 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM.
              Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Working...
              X