NGD! Jackson Phil Collen Pro Archtop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! Jackson Phil Collen Pro Archtop!

A sweet Jackson Phil Collen Pro Archtop was delivered to me last week!

Gonna make the wait for the Custom Shop run a little less painful.

Its in pretty great shape with a few tiny dings but the frets are like new and I love the ebony board too!

IIRC this was one of the few MIJ's that had an ebony board?

The bridge is a J90C and thats probably gonna stay at least until I score a nice Dimarzio Super 3 but the neck has that crap J-100 single coil with no juice and plenty of noise and hum. That one is outta there!

I just wish that Jackson would have made a longer trem route so that an OFR would just slide in.

In the future this one is off to Mike Learn for a silver sparkle finish as well as an unpainted neck. I suppose at that time I can get him to open up that trem route for me too.

What I really like is that this Import has the authentic smoothed over tip at the headstock just like all of Phil's originals. Story has it that he asked Grover to do that as he feared that he would poke Steve Clark a little too hard while playing live.

Not funny how our CS run does NOT allow for that cool feature

Can not express how thrilled I am for this particular guitar!

Huge thanks goes out to Brooks!!! Thanks my friend!!

Last edited by vklobucar; 11-23-2013, 06:53 AM.

Sweet!!!
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

We need more pics

Comment

With pleasure!!!

Let me order a few tasty bits from Adam Reiver at FU Tone.com and complete the guitar before I post more pics.

Comment

Niiiice! Looking forward to seeing some more pics.

Comment

Awesome! I'd like to get my hands one of those one of these days...

Comment

Great score bro! HNGD!!!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I have wanted one of those for ages!!!!!

I jumped on the CS run as soon as it was announced but having this one around as a grab and go player is so sweet!

It is sooo comfortable and the ebony neck with jumbo frets is so slick!

Comment

Very nice indeed Vik - I love those old PC Archtops!! I had one of those back in the UK, but sold it to a guy somewhere on the east coast of the US. Seemed weird sending a Japanese guitar from the UK to the US, but he really wanted it. I shouldn't have sold it though, it was in perfect condition and it was such a nice feeling guitar.
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I hate you.

No I really don't.

But I'm extremely jealous that you managed to score one of these and I didn't!

Congrats!!!

Now when that CS rolls in and you don't need this one anymore....... (Hint hint!!)

Comment

This is beautiful, congrats on the score
                      I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                      ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                      Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                      Blackstar Soloist HT60
                      Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                      Seymour Duncan 805

Comment

Which trem did it have and what was wrong with it? I've seen plenty of threads where people managed to restore old rotting floyds to their original or near as dammit original condition. So assuming you still have that floyd, you could possibly "rescue" it from the trashcan, at least so you can play it before the guitar goes to Mike.
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

There is another one on ebay as we speak for those that would like to score one!

It has a Schaller and its okay but pretty much all my other guitars have OFR's and they sound well....better and dare I even say somewhat brighter and fuller.

Comment

YOWZA!!! It's gone from an opening bid of $100 to $916 in 22 hours!!! Too rich for my blood (especially with the additional import fees)...

Comment

Las I looked it was at $1300. Which isn't too bad considering they were around a grand new.

Comment

Working...
                              X