Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist Trade. I need help on this RR V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Trade. I need help on this RR V.

Hi guys. I am selling a RR3 import with trem for $250 on Local CL. Someone asked me if I wanted to trade for this RR3 with out a trem. He only called it a Rhoads Custom. I can't find any info on this one. Mine has sharkies and his has dots. That's not good, but I like the lightning. Any info on country of manufacture etc. would be appreciated. Conte

BTW. I'm not trying to break any rules. I'm not trying to sell mine here. I just want to know if this is a viable trade. His is in nicer shape. It does look like the nut is chipped on his. I can deal with that.

Here's mine:
    http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/4176787642.html

Here's his:

Looks like a downgrade to me. The only "custom" thing about that is the finish.
    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

At least mine is made in Japan. I'm not sure about his.

Comment

I wouldn't do it..actually the lightning graphic isn't all that,Gibson knobs,broken nut,ect.sorry.man,i hate getting involved.but.and besides Your RR is sweet.i like it.. and by the way..here's a lightning graphic..no,im just kiddin..but,you know what,id just sell it, and get ya somthin better or of the same value anyway...take care and God Bless.Barry ........look guys I learned how to post a pic..ha,ha..
        Last edited by Bear R.-; 11-22-2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Don't worry about getting invloved. I'm not emotionally attached to either. I'm simply thinning my heard. I have some really nice Charvels, Jacksons and, dare I say here, Gibsons. I'm just getting rid of my average stuff that I do not play. My RR3 has been sitting on CL for a few months, so I entertained the thought. There's a RR case for $29 locally, that I may buy and try to sell my RR3 in the case on eBay.

Comment

The RR with the Lightning graphic has an 8 digit made in India serial#. Its a JS series I think.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
              Looks like a downgrade to me. The only "custom" thing about that is the finish.
              +1 bro big downgrade!
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Appears to be a JS 30. First 2 numbers of the serial should indicate year of manufacture. Looks like 200?.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by contilon View Post
                  At least mine is made in Japan. I'm not sure about his.
                  I think your guitar is the nicer of the two. I've got one pretty much identical
                  to it, and it's a great guitar. IMO, the other guy would be getting the better
                  end of the deal...

Comment

I think you answered your own question, you said you've been trying to sell it for months, so your not needing the cash. Why don't you keep it and save up for something you really want.
                    You'll thank me later when you re-discover your Rhoads , btw you could just get lighning painted on your guitar as another option.

Comment

That's good advice hunter1970. I'm really just thinning the herd. I'm up to 10 guitars now and I'm appreciating my higher end instruments. I'm done with crappy trems and anything that sounds less than stellar. I'm a big fan of "ride the lightning", so I got intrigued. It would look good on the wall, but I would be looking for pickups, a floyd and possibly a neck upgrade. I'm also selling to fund a blood splatter project.

Comment

Keep yours its way nicer.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Don't do it...
                          I'm back bitches!!!

Gear:
                          ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black
                          Agile Al 3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/Blackouts
                          Blackstar Soloist HT60
                          Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
                          Seymour Duncan 805