NGD!! Jackson X Series SL2H Soloist!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD!! Jackson X Series SL2H Soloist!!

Went by a local pawn shop in my part of town and actually though twice about going in. This place is notorious for pricing used Squier guitars at $300 so I tend to skip them. Boy was I glad that I went in today!

Hanging on the rack was a dead mint cherry burst Jackson SL2H Soloist!

I asked if there was a case and when he came out with that matching Jackson soft shell I made a sour face and told him they usually came with a real hard shell case.

He then said that for $250 it was mine. I threw down some cash and walked out with a huge smile on my face.

I was telling a friend how much I missed my Model 6 except for the Kahler trem and locknut, and the single coils and those annoying three on/off switches. Se he replied that I was not missing that Model 6 as much as I was wishing for a SL2H

So the EMG HZ are decent at best but I have a ton of Dimarzio Super 3's that I will install with all new electronics etc...

The OFR Special is nothing er....special and will be dumped for a better one with a Brass Big Block upgrade.

But the neck and frets are spot on and its so light and comfortable. This is Indian? Damm fine guitar if you ask me.

Now $250 may not be a killer deal in the US where there is a GC on every block but up here in Canada that is a steal!

I could not be happier with my new budget Soloist!!

Last edited by vklobucar; 09-08-2013, 06:37 AM.

Good snag they are nice guitars for the money.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats! That's a nice guitar, especially for the money.

Comment

Congratulations! Take those HZ's out and throw the DiMarzio's in and you'll love it - HNGD!

Comment

That is exactly the plan!

Super 3's

Comment

$250 for a neck through 2 hum? Good score!

The fingerboard looks a little light but that could be the picture. I notice the Indian rosewood tends to be a little light and 'dry' when I look at the guitars in the shops. I think they might heat it or something to accelerate the drying/aging. Usually a hit with some lemon oil or equivalent will help darken it up.

I tend to play the cheapies at the shops just to see how they play and every once in a while you find one of those happy accidents that just sounds great acoustically and plays great. At that point pickup and hardware swaps can turn them into great guitars.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

They don't usually come with a case, pig! Fuckin 250 bux. Go back and pay the other half, you thief!

Its an SLXQ. I wish mine was an SL2H...

Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

True!

i see a 2H and my brain tells me that its a SL2H no matter where it came from.

Im still loving it though!!!!

Comment

Wow..it really is a steal at that price..! Congrats!

Comment

$250.00 for that guitar in that condition is a good deal in any country. Did you pour sugar in the guys gas tank after you stole his guitar?
                    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I always wondered why you Americans buy sooo much sugar.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Those are a lot guitar for the money. Though I got a great deal at 300. Great score
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

$250 is a hell of deal in the U.S even. Congrats on the great score.
                          Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                          Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Gave it a super fast set up today and a few points came to light.

The Floyd is total crap and needs to be dumped ASAP! Its cheap and fit for the trash.

The EMG HZ's are pretty decent actually in a high gain situation. Not killer but not total junk as many people have made them out to be.

I was scared that the neck thru would have no top end and be mushy but that was not the case.

I can not get over just how smooth this guitar is to play and the upper fret access is superb.

Killer deal!!

Comment

Honestly I have heard nothing but good things about the X series lately.
                              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X