Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interchangability of JT580 Low Profile bridge w/ Jt-580 Tekeuchi or OFR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangability of JT580 Low Profile bridge w/ Jt-580 Tekeuchi or OFR?

I have the Parts Jackson guitar pictured below, its a Japanese Dinky type Jackson with a different Jackson neck.
    Apparently , it takes a JT-580Lo Profile Tremolo. I thought that I could substitute a JT-580 Takeuchi for a JT-580 Lo Profile, but it wouldnt work, there was too much slack in the tremolo. Anyone know for sure if the JT580 Takeuchi, being a better tremolo, will work or not work for the JT580 Lo Profile ?
    Also, apparently, I can stick in a Original Floyd Rose to replace the mediocre quality JT580 Lo Pro?

Hi, please use the search function. There are numerous threads on this topic.

Comment

Not a bad idea. But if anyone can chime in about the specifics of the fitment of the jt-580 Takeuchi vs. JT 580 lo Pro, then that would be cool. I dont think I've ever seen oir heard nothing bout that, and Ive goggled up a storm. I already know that a Original Floyd Rose will work in place of a JT580 Lo pro.

Comment

The Takeuchi 580LP is a great trem and is made in Taiwan BTW.The non Takeuchi branded trem is the same thing really not much difference.
        That trem route has the notch for the LP but an OFR will fit.Where is the slack you speak of? Not sure what you mean by that.
        Adjust the spring claw if its spongy feeling.
        Never saw a MIJ body with an electronics cavity routed like that.Could be a Korean or Made in India body.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          The Takeuchi 580LP is a great trem and is made in Taiwan BTW.The non Takeuchi branded trem is the same thing really not much difference.
          That trem route has the notch for the LP but an OFR will fit.Where is the slack you speak of? Not sure what you mean by that.
          Adjust the spring claw if its spongy feeling.
          Never saw a MIJ body with an electronics cavity routed like that.Could be a Korean or Made in India body.
          Hello Stray. Havent talked to you in a long time. Probably dont recall me, but I was jerry there over at Stage2Rage, but things go treall slow over there, and I dropped out of the scene, mostly playing regular Strats and Gibsons. I read one of your threads ehere, and like you, I just almost exactly the same time got my number 1 Superstrat back together again( Soloist XL Pro MIJ).;

My body isn't Korean or Indonesian , it is what is called a "DK2M", a MIJ now discontinued model. ;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_DK2M

The thing that confuses me is that it takes a JT580 Lo Pro, and like you, I thought the JT-580 Takeuchi ( a Japanese Trem though, not Taiwanese) is the same exacvt dimensions, just a better built tremolo, so Iwas sure it would work, but it does not. Maybe its the blocks, they are brass and may be the wrong blocks, IDK becasue , I was sure you could interchange a Jt580 Lo Pro and a JT580 Takeuchi. First thing for me to try, if I can't find out for 100% sure, would be to get the right block if I do have the wrong one on the JT580 Takeuchis.

BTW- By not working with "too much slack", I mean that even screwing the claw in as far as it will travel, the springs are too loose and i have new high tension springs, and they just fall off when you try and adjusts the tremolo or pull up on it.This sam thing happened when I tried to put a Takeuchi JT-580 on my Soloist XL Pro, and I had to get the proper tremolo( a JT-590) and that solved the problem.
          Last edited by MegloManiac; 08-20-2013, 03:14 AM.

Comment

Henrik has a bunch of info here about swaps with pics of some. http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm
            The Takeuchi has the wide block that the bar screws into so it won't fit a LP route. http://www.jcfonline.com/attachment....7&d=1316791896 What "wrong block" is on the one you tried?
            I've never had any problems with the JT580LP's I've had. And an OFR in the big route looks weird to me.. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the JT580, Takeuchi or not.. Those links may help.. Good luck.
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

There's even DK2M swaps in here.. http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/101...-Pro-for-a-OFR
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thank you Warlock, but i was aware of boht those links. Ive domne exhausative reserach. Like I said, I may have the wrong blocks ( aftermarket brass) on my JT-580 Takeuchis, so I am not sure. People are claioming they may fit the and the dimensions are the same as a JT580 Lo0-pro, except the baseplate is thicker, and the shelf may need to be modified. IMO, the JT 590 Schaller is a decent tremolo.

This is all still really voodoo science. No one has a definitive list , except if you do exhuastive research, you can get some suggestions at best, like right here. In this thread, people are using the JT-590; but they call it just "a schaller", which is ridiculous, becasue there are other Schallers besides the JT-590.

So heres some straight facts that I get; The Schaller JT-590 will work in place of a JT-580 LO Profile Tremolo , but may require a modification of the shelf, something that shouldn't be tried by most people .

An Original Floyd Rose will work in place of the JT-580 LO Pro, but its best to take out the Jt-580 LO Profile posts and put the bigger Original Floyd Rose Posts in, to be done with w reamer, and probably not something a novice wants to try.

From my experience, a JT-580 Takeuchi will NOT work on a DK2m or any Dinky guitar using a Jt-580 LO Pro even with modifications, and that it WILL work is disinformation, but I'll wait to find out if it works with the stock Tekeuchi block before committing to this 100%.
                Last edited by MegloManiac; 08-22-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I had a Takeuchi 580 (not LP) and replaced it with an OFR if this helps.

Comment

Working...
                  X