Adrian smith sdx redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian smith sdx redux

Just wanted to show some mods I did to my sdx.i changed all hardware on the floyd with real floyd parts except the saddles and base plate.replaced all electronics with genuine fender pots and jack.warmoth moded pickguard.Dimarzio evolution zebra in the bridge.the mods have made the guitar a thousand percent better. To note be careful when taking the neck on and off the edges of the neck pocket seem really easy to damage.

Comment

Love it. Looks great dude...I like the EVO's too. If you like the EVO's try a gravity storm....there pretty cool....
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I like it man. The 1 pickup/1 knob combo gives it a neat and tidy appearance.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Good job bro'.
          Changed all the electronics on mine and added a 37 mm block on my floyd.Swapped out the trem arm stud as well.Took off the 4-5 nut and used an R3.
          Now its got a vintage DiMarzio super D and 2 SDS-1's.Solid playing guitar now
          Amazing necks on these guitars.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

+1 on the necks on these guitars they are awesome.whoever sanded the contours in my body must have been drunk because they are all crooked.if your going to do your own neck adjustments you will need a Allen wrench not the typical Phillips head.im having an issue though with the shunk stripe separating from the maple feels like a crack but its not

Comment

Getting a 80s Kramer Beretta vibe off it. Pretty cool man.
              Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Originally posted by vader13 View Post
                i changed all hardware on the floyd with real floyd parts except the saddles and base plate.
                So then what the hell did you swap? Bolts?
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Show a pic of the skunk stripe issue.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

As far as the floyd goes I swapped,lock bolts,saddle bolts,saddle block,installed brass block,these were all extra made in Germany parts I had laying around.i can get a good picture of the crack because its where the shunk meets the maple it's a hairline fracture but I can feel it

Comment

Working...
                    X