Old #1 back up and playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old #1 back up and playing

This one has been down for quite a while and its good to have it back together.
    Too much other stuff to get done to get to this one.
    92 Jackson fusion H-H. Mahogany body, Gibson 490-490R, Lo Pro OFR (real deal).
    RS guitarwrorks pots RS paper in oil cap.
    Man I sure missed this guitar,its been thru hell and back with me and it has tons of wear on it but it sure does play like a dream.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

sweet. What other stuff needs to get done?

oh, and how was the OFR fit? Only thing I want to do to my Fusion Plus now is upgrade the trem
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The OFR fit is fine just a small gap where the route for the JT 580 LP tapers.Not a big deal really.
      Attached Files

Comment

Sweet!! I have the same exact guitar in very good condition. The pickups are about as weak as a new born baby. I am going to upgrade the bridge pickup to something with more power to it and possibly upgrade the trem but my guitar has hardly been played so I`ll probably wait until it wears out but the pickups suck!! Looks good bro.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          The OFR fit is fine just a small gap where the route for the JT 580 LP tapers.Not a big deal really.
          excellent! Thanks for the pic, man
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Slayer I had a set of J 50's in it for a while and they sounded great.
            Had a set of 59's in it at one time sounded good but a tad flubby.Had an EMG 85 and SA single too which I liked.
            Its a dark guitar so a JB or DiMarzio Super D I think would be a good choice as well.
            The 490 and 490R sound the best in this guitar so far.

Comment

I agree. I am probably going with a Gibby 500T, Bill & Becky L500XL, SD JB or maybe even a Rio G BBQ Bucker.

Comment

Did some one say L500XL?

Comment

I have even tried my Jim Rolph Mick Mars humbuckers in it and they both are 11k but still too dark.

Comment

Have you tried the Duncan Distortion? I love that pup. Tons of output, crunchy, and a nice mid bump. It had a bit too much mid range for me, but it might be the solution for you.

-HM

Comment

Good suggestion!! I forgot about the DD. That was a strong high/mid bump to it. You have me considering that one as well. Anything is probably better than the mud that is in mine now.

Comment

Had a set of DD's in for a short time but like I said this guitar is DARK.The DD's just didn't have the clarity I was looking for.
                        Too woofy at best with the DD's.I love DD's but for this guitar they didn't cut it.
                        Pulled the 490 and 49R out of a L.P studio because they were too bright in the L.P.
                        Slapped them in the fusion along with an RSguitarworks 571k super pot and found the combination that worked.
                        I have nice clarity in the neck pick up and tons of bite in the bridge. Roll the vol down and you loose the bite and get some really creamy tones with no mud at all.
                        With both pick ups on its thick as pea soup but you still hear the clarity of each pick up.
                        I think the 571k pot lets it breathe a bit more.

Comment

Good suggestion!! I forgot about the DD. That was a strong high/mid bump to it. You have me considering that one as well. Anything is probably better than the mud that is in mine now.
                          Can't go wrong with a Distortion and Mayhem set for metal mang! The neck pup that comes with that set is actually one of my favorites for a heavily overdriven metal neck lead tone.

-HM

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Had a set of DD's in for a short time but like I said this guitar is DARK.The DD's just didn't have the clarity I was looking for.
                            Too woofy at best with the DD's.I love DD's but for this guitar they didn't cut it.
                            Pulled the 490 and 49R out of a L.P studio because they were too bright in the L.P.
                            Slapped them in the fusion along with an RSguitarworks 571k super pot and found the combination that worked.
                            I have nice clarity in the neck pick up and tons of bite in the bridge. Roll the vol down and you loose the bite and get some really creamy tones with no mud at all.
                            With both pick ups on its thick as pea soup but you still hear the clarity of each pick up.
                            I think the 571k pot lets it breathe a bit more.
                            Well if you're looking for something with less mids (DARK) then you should consider the Custom Five. Love That pup as well. it has a nice balance and isn't as woofy as the DD. That other option I would recommend is the Full Shred which if you're looking for not a whole lot of output I would do that. Love that pup, but just needs a bit more output to my ears. Also it has less low end than the Custom Five.

-HM

Comment

Actually, the guitars we have need more high/mids and highs as they are dark sounding guitars to start with even with the Floyd. I do have to agree though, I love the SD Custom 5 pickup in the bridge, but I fear it would be over the top dark in the fusion h-h.

Comment

Working...
                              X