NGD! First Jackson in years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! First Jackson in years!

Hey guys I've been a member on here for 10 years I had an RR3 and COW7 years ago but sold both and moved on to different brands. However I've been missing playing a guitar with more tonal range and as I saw Jackson have recently released 7 and 8 strings again I swore that I would get one.

Time passed by and I didn't think much about getting a new guitar until my birthday came around last week. I did have other things in mind to get (different pickups for one of my PRS guitars or a Digitech Control 2 to go with my GSP1101) but I came across the JS series 8 string.

I've played 8 strings before and didn't think I would like one. I'm not a big fan of guys like Tosin Abasi, they're just not my thing and it seemed a lot of guys who had 8 strings just wanted to chug on the low F# and sound like Meshuggah.

However looking into it more and listening to players like Charlie Hunter, I loved how they used their guitars to get a very different and interesting sound.

SO! the Wife and I checked one out at a store miles away and I feel in love with the JS 8 string. I played other 8 strings but the Jackson sounded better and felt more comfortable to play.

It needed a truss rod adjustment and an intonation adjustment as the factory strings were too light (went with a 10 - 74 set from EB). I'm loving it, it's brought some excitement back into playing and I'm experimenting with new voicings and licks again.

Definitely recommend one to you guys who are thinking of getting an 8 string.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Well, congrats to you then. Bang for the buck wise, they look REALLY interesting...
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Nice. A beast of a guitar. Do you know the weight in kgs or lbs?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Nice guitar! Congratz! When you get the time, post a clip of this beast. I'm curious to hear some 8 string mayhem!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Here's a very quick clip I put together

https://soundcloud.com/steve-p-5/8-string
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Thanks for the clip! Sounds wicked!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

thats bloody massive!!!,congrats
              Jackson Dk2 hss in snow white..

Comment

Sounds great. Was wondering what one of those would feel like to play?
                Power chords...what more do you need?!

Comment

GAS has kicked into overdrive. Congrats, that's a beast of an axe. How do the stock pickups sound?
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Stock pickups are pretty decent. I would like more mids but I'll be able to stick with these. I've had no thoughts of changing them for Bareknuckles or other brands so that should say something.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Looks cool and sounds cool! I mostly stick to my 7-strings these days, but I'm not sure I could handle or really know what to do with an 8.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wasn't that a custom shop only guitar or is there now a production 8 stringer?

Comment

Working...
                        X