Good idea or bad one? Trade???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea or bad one? Trade???

Hey Dudes how ya doing? Hope everyone is doing good. Just wanted to get some opinions if I even decide to do this Trade. It would be "Straight Up" Axe for Axe. My 96' KE3 Kelly for this RR3...I know mine is not a KE1 or 2 or a Collector Axe & 3's can usually be found but still its a Sweet Axe! The Only reason I am thinking about it is the Kelly is a little uncomfortable (I have had a few Neck Surgeries Etc) & I have been wanting a 3 for awhile & thought this might be a good time to try & do it. Would like to hear some opinions..Thanks! Take It Easy...Steve \m/

**My Kelly****RR3-TRANS BLUE**
    Last edited by axe dude; 06-24-2013, 06:49 PM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

What do you want more? Their both 3's, I have to say to me, they are both hard to play so..
    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

how are you gonna say u love the kelly then trade it away lol. its a fair trade. his trans finish would make it worth a hair more.

Comment

I can play a Kelly better then a rhoads. the rhoads hurts my lower back. time for a dinky.

Comment

I think the trade is fine but I don't think its going to help you with your issue.....RR's are not comfy...in anyway...imo....
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Fair trade. RR's are great crotch and couch players unless your really short. Each is about equal in value, but I do agree with the trans finish comment. It's all about which you like the best.

Comment

My RR3 is very comfortable. The weight isn't an issue. Love the neck. The one in the pic seems to be quite a bit lighter in color than mine. Mine is very dark yet still trans. Overall an RR3 is a great axe that won't disappoint. The only issue may be the pups which are easily changeable. The decision is ultimately yours, but I don't think you could go wrong with the trade.
              In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Make sure they throw in a hummer and it should be a perfectly square deal.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Thanks for all the opinions Guys I really do appreciate it. Still thinking what to do??/ Hmmm??? LOL! \m/
                  *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/

Comment

I definitely LOVE my Kelly Dude! LOL! Like I said just thinking??? Thanks! \m/
                    Woops! Double Post! My Bad....

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                      how are you gonna say u love the kelly then trade it away lol. its a fair trade. his trans finish would make it worth a hair more.
                      I definitely LOVE my Kelly Dude! LOL! Like I said just thinking??? You know how it is when a "Fair Trade" comes @ ya sometimes & it makes you start to think??? Thanks! \m/

Comment

Only concern I would have is the long wing of the Rhoads. It's long. You can't really judge it by pics, but once you strap it on, you realise how long it is.

But it's more comfy on a chair than the Kelly, IMO.

You're also losing 2 frets with the RR, so if you hit those frequently, or if you do a lot on the 22nd fret, you're going to notice a drastic difference.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

24 Kellys are neck heavy and not all that comfy 22 fret Kellys are much better.
                          22 fret RR's are OK too but if you meedely meedely high up on the neck they can be a pain.
                          RR's just don't work for me.
                          Its a trade in your favor IMO.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

MY 24 fret Kelly has no neck weight issues. I'd stick with the Kelly though, it's easier to play stood up or sat down and it might be worth more (it has more wood!)
                            Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
                            Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
                            Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

Comment

Thanks for all the info Guys!...The Dude ended up backing out! LOL!!

Comment

Working...
                              X