No announcement yet.

It's coming back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? Don't recall that one. I recall the one I changed the Kahler to a stopbar/tom...

But that's not it either. :P
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

It came back yesterday after I left for werk.

Presenting once again, the twisted cousin of the infamous Stabbed Poo Jackson!

The one!

The ONLY! (and let's be thankful)

The Incomprehensible!

PL-2

Figured I may as well just use the pic I took when I first got it. Why waste the space on my camera for another shot of it?

Seriously, when I owned this thing before, "atrocity" did not begin to cover it. The neck was fine, and the body shape kicks major ass (a Jackson SG-style! Fucking IOMMI-VIBE!).

Sadly, something got lost between the design and the execution, because it was the most uncomfortable guitar I'd ever been around, and that includes Telecasters (which I cannot fucking stand to touch). It was relayed to me that even Lachman asked "What The Fuck?" when he checked it out.

I love Jackson guitars. I've got almost 30 of them, and have owned almost 100 total, if not over 100. There were only 2 I can think of that I could not get rid of fast enough: this one, and......apparently this one was so appalling it eclipsed the memory of the other one
      Or maybe it was hideous enough to be counted twice?

Anyhoo, the beveling on the back of the front top horn is so sharp that it's like being poked in the ribs. Probably because it's poking me in the ribs.
      The arm bevel is in the wrong fucking spot, kicking my shoulder forward, and it feels like it's being ripped out of the socket. I hate Strat bodies, but my SoCal is more comfortable than this....thing.

I've adjusted the strap from Jimmy Page/Steve Clark level to Fusion Guitarist level and everywhere in between in one inch increments, and even slung it over my hip, but nothing helps. It feels like my shoulder is being torn out.

Due to bad planning in my youth, my shoulders slump slightly forward anyway. I couldn't stand with my shoulders back like "normal" people if my life depended on it. The military would boot me on Day one when they got tired of yelling "shoulders back!". If something requires my shoulders to draw forward more than the average bear, like choking a b!tch, I got the extra reach, no problem. But this thing is like a Medieval torture device.

No shit, go clamp your arm in a bench-mounted vise and take off running. It's like that.

So, now you may be asking yourself the same question I've been asking myself all week:

"If you hate this thing so much, why buy it again?"

1. I'm a fucking idiot. I have documentation that proves this scientifically.
      2. I'm a sucker for a pretty face, and this thing is awesome to look at. But it stops there.
      3. It's a one-of-a-kind Jackson prototype. Go ahead, find another PL-2. I dare ya.
      4. I had this wild idea that maybe I was mistooken, and it wasn't really that bad. Maybe I had skipped too many Chiro appointments, maybe I was just ragging, maybe I was just so used to my Warriors, etc etc. Turns out I was right all along: it's fucked up, not me.
      5. I had another wild idea (well, three at once), that (A) this neck would fucking rock on a WR body, so long as it's not machine screws in threaded inserts, or (B) I would love to take a power tool to this body and fix it, or (C) find someone that could re-make the body correctly.
      6. Despite my rabid hatred for my fellow Man, I felt obligated to remove it from the general population. No one should be subjected to this guitar. And I certainly wouldn't want a first-time Jackson player to think this thing represented Jackson guitars. You want to lose customers before you get them, have them play this. (which gives me another idea about Ibenhad and ESPee necks....)

But yeah, I'm really leaning more towards having someone re-make the body to fix the fuck-ups. I'd rather not go grinding on a unique piece, even if it is a piece of shit. Hell, even the Stabbed Poo had potential
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Lol I was actually going to take a guess & say the Lachman model, but I didn't think you'd be that foolishl!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake S. View Post
          Ok so I've been a little slow lately Joe Screw you Jersey Boy
          Screw you, Georgia boy! I'm going home.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Screw you, Georgia boy! I'm going home.
            Hey, wait .... meh, nevermind.... :dunno:

I seem to remember reading about this model before and am very unimpressed with the way it looks, and what an amazing review!! I guess congrats
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Hey Newc hope it works out for you this time around.
              Last edited by Drake S.; 05-28-2013, 11:39 AM.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Lol I was actually going to take a guess & say the Lachman model, but I didn't think you'd be that foolishl!
                Y'know, me neither

I saw it for sale before for under $500, and passed without giving it a 2nd thought.

Came up again a while back for $650 on CL and laughed.

Watched it for a week on Ebay and threw down a last-hour bid at werk, and by the next break I had won with no competition.
                Yet I just don't feel like a winner

But it can be overcome. I just know it. At least that's what I tell myself.

Hell, maybe this will motivate me to finally get into luthiery

Comment

Im not gonna lie, the past few times its been up for sale, Ive been tempted. I wonder how many owners its been through since you originally sold it? Probably at least 3 that I can recall!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

6 total after me, I think. Hafta re-count the Efraid threads. I know it's been on CL at least twice, and Ebay 3 times including the last. Can't remember if Joe sold it here or Ebay. I wanna say Ebay.

Comment

Damn! How did you end up buying it this time?
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                          Damn! How did you end up buying it this time?
                          Threw down a bid with an hour and a half left, no one bid against me

Comment

http://atlanta.listlux.com/a,55,7329...50-Cumming.htm
                            I saw this one a while back. Same one, or is this one the 2nd prototype?
                            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Man, that is fuggly, but I’d tap it
                              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                                It came back yesterday after I left for werk.

Presenting once again, the twisted cousin of the infamous Stabbed Poo Jackson!

The one!

The ONLY! (and let's be thankful)

The Incomprehensible!

PL-2

Figured I may as well just use the pic I took when I first got it. Why waste the space on my camera for another shot of it?

Seriously, when I owned this thing before, "atrocity" did not begin to cover it. The neck was fine, and the body shape kicks major ass (a Jackson SG-style! Fucking IOMMI-VIBE!).

Sadly, something got lost between the design and the execution, because it was the most uncomfortable guitar I'd ever been around, and that includes Telecasters (which I cannot fucking stand to touch). It was relayed to me that even Lachman asked "What The Fuck?" when he checked it out.

I love Jackson guitars. I've got almost 30 of them, and have owned almost 100 total, if not over 100. There were only 2 I can think of that I could not get rid of fast enough: this one, and......apparently this one was so appalling it eclipsed the memory of the other one
                                Or maybe it was hideous enough to be counted twice?

Anyhoo, the beveling on the back of the front top horn is so sharp that it's like being poked in the ribs. Probably because it's poking me in the ribs.
                                The arm bevel is in the wrong fucking spot, kicking my shoulder forward, and it feels like it's being ripped out of the socket. I hate Strat bodies, but my SoCal is more comfortable than this....thing.

I've adjusted the strap from Jimmy Page/Steve Clark level to Fusion Guitarist level and everywhere in between in one inch increments, and even slung it over my hip, but nothing helps. It feels like my shoulder is being torn out.

Due to bad planning in my youth, my shoulders slump slightly forward anyway. I couldn't stand with my shoulders back like "normal" people if my life depended on it. The military would boot me on Day one when they got tired of yelling "shoulders back!". If something requires my shoulders to draw forward more than the average bear, like choking a b!tch, I got the extra reach, no problem. But this thing is like a Medieval torture device.

No shit, go clamp your arm in a bench-mounted vise and take off running. It's like that.

So, now you may be asking yourself the same question I've been asking myself all week:

"If you hate this thing so much, why buy it again?"

1. I'm a fucking idiot. I have documentation that proves this scientifically.
                                2. I'm a sucker for a pretty face, and this thing is awesome to look at. But it stops there.
                                3. It's a one-of-a-kind Jackson prototype. Go ahead, find another PL-2. I dare ya.
                                4. I had this wild idea that maybe I was mistooken, and it wasn't really that bad. Maybe I had skipped too many Chiro appointments, maybe I was just ragging, maybe I was just so used to my Warriors, etc etc. Turns out I was right all along: it's fucked up, not me.
                                5. I had another wild idea (well, three at once), that (A) this neck would fucking rock on a WR body, so long as it's not machine screws in threaded inserts, or (B) I would love to take a power tool to this body and fix it, or (C) find someone that could re-make the body correctly.
                                6. Despite my rabid hatred for my fellow Man, I felt obligated to remove it from the general population. No one should be subjected to this guitar. And I certainly wouldn't want a first-time Jackson player to think this thing represented Jackson guitars. You want to lose customers before you get them, have them play this. (which gives me another idea about Ibenhad and ESPee necks....)

But yeah, I'm really leaning more towards having someone re-make the body to fix the fuck-ups. I'd rather not go grinding on a unique piece, even if it is a piece of shit. Hell, even the Stabbed Poo had potential

Umm.
                                Congratulations?

Reminds me of the time I had Epididymitis.

I was glad it's wasn't an STD, but it still sucked shit.
                                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                                X