Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd: Dk2

Hello all!

After years of looking around for a Jackson in this colour scheme with a Floyd, I finally found one - a 2005 DK2!

It's in great condition, hardly a mark on it. It's missing the original truss rod cover and tremolo spring cover, otherwise it is stock standard. Came with a gold tremolo arm and gold strap locks though.....

I'm not really happy with the Duncan Designed pickups in it. I like my pickups a little hotter than these, so I'm going to put in a SH-10 Full Shred in the bridge, and maybe a couple of Cool Rails in the neck and middle positions. This combo works very well for me in another guitar. I'll replace the pots and switch while I'm in there, too.

I may also put a Hipshot Tremsetter in it also. I've had good experiences with them, but they can be a little tricky to set up right.

Anyway, just had to show off my new toy! Time to find a chrome arm and strap locks....

Cheers, guys!

Hairy-dude.

A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

GTWGITS

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice catch, congrats. I'll never part with either of mine, I'm likely to get more. Such an awesome guitar for the money.

Comment

nice guitar ive got the updated versin
        Jackson Dk2 hss in snow white..

Comment

I've upgraded the pickups now, with a Full Shred in the bridge position, and Cool Rails in the middle and neck positions. I'm now thinking of fitting a brass block on the trem, as well as the tremsetter. Otherwise, I'm still very happy with this one!
          A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
          X