Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: 'old-new' member with 'old-new' guitar

Hi guys!

I used to linger here around years ago. Jackson fan to the bone, but for the last couple of years I only used to own a RR24. But not anymore! Yesterday I bought a Japanese Soloist from 1994 in very good condition. The guy I bought it from ordered it on Ebay from the USA. He also owns 5 USA Jacksons: I've played them all, but this Soloist played the best. I have actually never played a guitar like this before. The case has the 'Jackson - Charvel' logo. Now some pics! Sorry for the crappy quality.

If anyone can tell me more about the history of this guitar, that would be great!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

nice score...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Soloist Pro from the last year they were USA-quality (and were later reduced so they didn't compete with USA sales).

Excellent Soloist. Congrats on the score
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Those are monster players. Been wanting another one since I sold mine years ago. Awesome score
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Thanks you guys! I'm gonna tune it in B tomorrow. I'm thinking about keeping the original humbucker in it. Maybe a Blackout later.

By the way: I can't believe how smooth that (licenced) floyd is. I've actually compared this guitar to the SL2H at it's previous owner, and this Japanese baby slays the SL2H on all accounts.
          Last edited by Tho; 05-11-2013, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Killer Soloist! Great Score! \m/
            *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
            *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
            *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
            Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
            *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
            *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
            *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
            *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Thanks! Today I've deconstructed it as far as I could, and everything looks perfect, and allmost every part is original. Tuned it in B, and now waiting for my Blackout to arrive.

Comment

The Floyd on that guitar should be a Schaller, which is the same factory that makes OFR's. Is your cat a Bengal?
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Whatever you do please do not trash it or beat it to death or abuse it thats such a fine example of a classy best of the best Japanese Jackson.
                  Save the wiring harness and original pick ups to go back in it if you decide to sell it.
                  You are very lucky to have that amazing piece of MIJ Jackson history.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    Soloist Pro from the last year they were USA-quality
                    1995 was the last year for PROs
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider View Post
                      The Floyd on that guitar should be a Schaller, which is the same factory that makes OFR's. Is your cat a Bengal?
                      Yes it's a Schaller. It beats all OFR's that I've ever used. And yes, she's a Bengal ;-)

@Straycat: I'd be an idiot if I was to trash it or replace all the hardware. I will keep the original humbucker ofcourse :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X