The New MG/Pro Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New MG/Pro Series

So, what do you guys think? I haven't kept up with guitars in general for the last few months and i was shocked when I saw some of the finishes on these (Specially the silverburst on the RR and the DK2M).

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/commun...hp?f=5&t=23257

Where are they made? What is the quality like? Do you own one?

Inform me plz

the bolt ons are made in mexico in the fender factory, the neckthrus are made in indonesia.

Comment

I've got an SL2Q. I'll link you my NGD thread. I've been pretty happy with it. One of the holes in the locking nut was stripped, but I got a replacement (and had found a workaround before that anyway). Neck has been super stable and has yet to require a truss rod adjustment.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/136...question-issue

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
        the bolt ons are made in mexico in the fender factory, the neckthrus are made in indonesia.
        Is the quality any good? I'm sure it is, I don't think Jackson would like to damage the good rep on their medium-low budget gear. Bolt ons are Mex? Shit I might pick up a DK2M silverburst!

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
        I've got an SL2Q. I'll link you my NGD thread. I've been pretty happy with it. One of the holes in the locking nut was stripped, but I got a replacement (and had found a workaround before that anyway). Neck has been super stable and has yet to require a truss rod adjustment.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/136...question-issue

Man the quilt looks nice. That guitar is very pretty, how does it play? Congrats btw!

Comment

Just got a new SLAT7 in today at work. Pretty nice.
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
            Just got a new SLAT7 in today at work. Pretty nice.
            Nice, I have heard a lot of good things about the series but I've also read a couple things like Grover mentioned. Little blemishes here and there poorly fixed

Comment

I read recently on SS.org that all the Pro series are now built in Mexico because apparently they were having problems with the Indonesia factory.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                I read recently on SS.org that all the Pro series are now built in Mexico because apparently they were having problems with the Indonesia factory.
                Oh that's actually pretty good to know. I'm not a fan of Indonesian craftmanship for the most part, Mexican guitars hold up to better quality from my experience. Mexican might not be nearly as nicely made as Jap/USA but hey, for less than 1000 bucks what do you want!

Comment

Originally posted by lfrz93 View Post
                  Oh that's actually pretty good to know. I'm not a fan of Indonesian craftmanship for the most part, Mexican guitars hold up to better quality from my experience. Mexican might not be nearly as nicely made as Jap/USA but hey, for less than 1000 bucks what do you want!
                  They haven't been moved there yet. The plan, I believe, is to move all of them to Mexico eventually. When the guy on SS.org called Jackson they confirmed that the soloists are still being made in Indonesia for the time being.

Every pro series whether Indo or MIM I've seen so far has been pretty solid IMHO. The only thing people have been bitching about consistently is rough fret ends. Imagine that, rough fret ends on an import model. Something that takes 10 minutes with a nail file to solve while watching TV .

Comment

Man the quilt looks nice. That guitar is very pretty, how does it play? Congrats btw!
                    It's a little different feeling due to the lack of pickup rings and the R2 nut (narrower neck). I don't have a single complaint about it though. Loving the oil-finished neck. Neck is very thin as well. Big improvement over the X series soloists (which aren't half bad either).

Comment

Yeah, all the Mexican Fenders i ever played were rock-solid, so this can only be a good thing.
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

The Pro Series Dinkys at dealers now clearly show "Made in Mexico" on the back of the headstock.

They haven't been moved there yet. The plan, I believe, is to move all of them to Mexico eventually. When the guy on SS.org called Jackson they confirmed that the soloists are still being made in Indonesia for the time being.

Every pro series whether Indo or MIM I've seen so far has been pretty solid IMHO. The only thing people have been bitching about consistently is rough fret ends. Imagine that, rough fret ends on an import model. Something that takes 10 minutes with a nail file to solve while watching TV .

Comment

It's a little different feeling due to the lack of pickup rings and the R2 nut (narrower neck). I don't have a single complaint about it though. Loving the oil-finished neck. Neck is very thin as well. Big improvement over the X series soloists (which aren't half bad either).

So is the heel narrower also? Like 2 3/16" as opposed to 2 1/4"? Is there a model that has more of a C neck profile than a thinner D? But thinking about it, a thin D would be mnore manageable and comfortable with a narrower neck. Oiled necks eh? Thanks for opening my eyes to these, the dinkies look good.
                          Last edited by ginsambo; 04-12-2013, 03:07 PM.
                          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

The Pro Series Dinkys at dealers now clearly show "Made in Mexico" on the back of the headstock.
                            the new dinkys were ALWAYS made in Mexico, it's the neck thrus that are changing from Indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                              the new dinkys were ALWAYS made in Mexico, it's the neck thrus that are changing from Indonesia.
                              Yes, exactly what I said. The neck throughs haven't moved yet though, and I wouldn't expect them to for a while. The soloists only started showing up for sale in the last 2 months...

Comment

Working...
                              X