i'm buying an ibanez to replace it!
      booooooo!!!!!
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
        booooooo!!!!!
        And...a HOLLOW-BODY to boot!!!

Comment

I played one for about 30 seconds and thought it was a turd. I can't believe so many of these are crap.

Comment

I've played 3 and 2 were good. The first one I played at the Fort Worth guitar center played awesome. I haven't even seen a maple FB version and they say they can't order one either. Told the salesman that I would just order one online. I'll have it sent to THAT store...lol
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

I've played 3 and 2 were good. The first one I played at the Fort Worth guitar center played awesome. I haven't even seen a maple FB version and they say they can't order one either. Told the salesman that I would just order one online. I'll have it sent to THAT store...lol
              Another boneheaded GC employee. I still vividly remember being in the Roseville MN GC & asking the rep if they had the GSP1101 in to try. The answer was no. As I turned to go check out the used guitars there one was on display right below the Digitech rack vocalist.

Chris, a hollow body Ibanez... are you sure you're from MN.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

There is a salesman at the Arlington location that's cool. Names Nick, lanky guy and pretty hard to forget. The last couple times I came in a couple guys remembered me as "the guy who bought the 2 Charvels" lol
                It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                  And...a HOLLOW-BODY to boot!!!
                  If it is an Artcore or one of the new Artstar ones you are making a GREAT choice! I have 7 different Artcores now and I rarely play my Jacksons anymore because they sound thin in comparison.
                  Last edited by spencer4hire; 04-08-2013, 01:56 AM. Reason: grammar edit
                  RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                  CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                  Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                  Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Originally posted by Hamner1 View Post
                    Chris, a hollow body Ibanez... are you sure you're from MN.
                    Yeah...since they built the wall around us to keep us in, I haven't been able to escape... They need to keep as much tax base here as they can capture! It's like living in East Berlin. Lol...

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
                    If it is an Artcore or one of the new Artstar ones you are making a GREAT choice! I have 7 different Artcores now and I rarely play my Jacksons anymore because they sound thin in comparison.
                    It is! It's the AS-73, in trans-cherry. Got it at GC used - $200. Can't beat that! It plays very well, sounds good, and in typical Ibanez fashion, well put together, especially considering the price.

I've had a recent "come to God" moment, and have downsized my amp gear, and dumped most of my high end guitars. I realize that I sound the same through Epi as Gibson, Squier as Fender, and foreign Charvel as USA. Any of those guitars with a few minor upgrades is plenty good for me. I'm having more fun too!

Comment

There is a salesman at the Arlington location that's cool. Names Nick, lanky guy and pretty hard to forget. The last couple times I came in a couple guys remembered me as "the guy who bought the 2 Charvels" lol
                      I get that too - "the guy who still buys guitars with Floyds". Sometimes I even get a phone call if something interesting and 80's comes in.

Comment

I saw that they were gone the last time i went in. I was wondering if you bought them.I would like to buy the WC they have left up there.

Comment

Mine plays unbelievable!! I levelled, crowned and dressed the frets, added a OFR and threw in EMG 81, S, S, pickups. Plays as good or better than my USA Charvel, NO LIE(Charvel is stock of the rack)!! All in it cost me $300 for the upgrades as I bought them off EBay, coupled with $400 for the guitar. So for $700 I have a guitar that plays as good as anything I have owned or tried. It's now my favorite and I play it regularly. The necks on these are awesome if you give them some attention.

Comment

$700, eh? Not sure I'd be bragging about that. If you have to pretty much rebuild a guitar to make it PLAYABLE, it's a turd. I've got Squier Teles that are smoking this thing - and all I did was drop a Chopper T in the bridge. $45. Done. To get the Jackson into player shape, I'd have been looking at about another $300 or so as well. I paid $400, sold it for $300 and feel happy to have it gone.

Man...I sure hope the Mexi-Charvels are better than these things.

Comment

For $700, I would have waited and got a pro mod on discount. Judging by the MIM Strats, you know the MIM Pro mods are gonna sound and play great, although they might have other cosmetic issues.
                              You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Working...
                              X