New import model opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New import model opinions?

My LMS just got in a few of these models and I'm very impressed!

They look and feel incredible and way better than their price tags.

Who owns or has really put them through their paces live or through a full rig? What did you think of them?

just wondering.

Did you move from Dayton?

Comment

Which models?

I have an SL2Q from the new pro series and it is right on par with the MIJ ones, IMHO of course.

Comment

RRXMG & SLXMG are fantastic. The SLXMG is my main player. It just hangs right, plays great, & sounds great. So far no issues with necks. My one gripe was the SLX must have had some soft metal for the frets. There were string groves in a few spots. Took it into the shop & all is better. I think the file & polish may have helped to harden them a bit as well.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          Did you move from Dayton?
          I guess I'll never know.

Comment

I do know that the new Jackson Pro Neck Through Series will be moving from Indonesia to Mexico to be made along side the new Dinky's and Charvel Pro Mods, confirmed from a call from Sweetwater. They even told me that Jackson Reps was in their store that same day and told them about the move. I hope it's true as I miss the Japanese guitars badly. Just wish Jackson would at least move the desolation series there also or to India at least. I want a Charvel Star so bad but I'm not dropping coin on a made in China guitar....So hopefully imports are going in a somewhat right direction!!!
            Last edited by Axegrinder; 05-20-2013, 01:10 PM.
            Gear
            '88 Charvel Model 6
            '90 Charvel 650 Custom
            '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
            '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
            '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              I guess I'll never know.
              Since no one in their right mind would falsely claim to be in Youngstown Louisiana, I'd say he did

I mean, it's not as cool as faking you're in L.A. or N.Y., right?
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder View Post
                I want a Charvel Star so bad but I'm not dropping coin on a made in China guitar....
                I'm pretty happy with mine, it neck dives a bit but it's pretty well built. However, these share the same issue as the JS series, poor QC, you might get a great one but you're likely to get a dog. I was lucky with both the Star & the JS.

Comment

I don't know about Jackson, but I have a Charvel DS2ST, and I've not been happier. In no way does it feel cheap. The fit and finish are what I'd expect from J/C and the fretwork on this one is, phenomenal IMO. I don't have any gauges to get an accurate measurement, but a .88mm pick (green Tortex) raises the strings (GBE) at the 24th fret, and there is no buzz anywhere. The neck is spot on to the 'D' shape J/C is known for. Mine came with locking tuners, which I didn't expect on the 'middle of the line' series. The only thing I've noticed is the unfinished neck needs some smoothing (1000 grit paper.) Even the Charvel branded active pickups are decent. For a MIC guitar, it's a winner IMO, and the price point is better than bang for the buck. Would I recommend one? Hell Yeah!
                  Last edited by Scooter; 05-20-2013, 08:25 PM.
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Only thing i hate is EMGs in new models. I have Mille Phobia King-V and just swapped it to Bill Lawrence L-500 and there is a huge improvement in my tone.
                    Jackson Randy Rhoads Pro 2015
                    Jackson "Phobia" King-V
                    BC Rich Chuck Schuldiner Stealth
                    SG Mutt "Swamp Thing"

BC Rich Warlock One Bass

Orange Micro Terror
                    Laney TF300
                    Randall 1X8

PERKELE!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X