HELP!!! NGD 98? Jackson DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! NGD 98? Jackson DK2

Hey all I just picked up a Jackson DK2 in satin black, guy I bought it from said he'd had it for a while. My question is if I decoded the serial right it's a '98 which is pre-FMIC... Can it be that I just bought a pre-fender Jackson DK2 for $250? I will post pics as soon as I can but for now is it true that a 7 digit serial with 98 at the beginning is a '98? I restrung her and tightened the nuts on the vol and tone, she's perfect. I've owned a few Jacksons before but this one stands alone. Any Help would be wicked thanks.

Oh yeah the full serial is 9804890... I've seen a few other posts that suggest it may be a 2000.... still HELP!!!

Comment

Comment

Just a heads up - pre-Fender or post Fender doesn't mean squat for an import as nothing changed, and eventually they only got better after Fender bought them with the DK2M, better black hardware, real Seymour Duncans instead of Duncan Designed.

Looking at yours, it certainly looks post Fender. The 98 starting the serial number doesn't mean squat.

Someone like RacerX or Johnyryche will come along eventually and tell you the year.

I don't remember a satin black - I wonder if someone messed with the body paint like taking a can of satin clear to it.

Comment

Nope they existed, I did some research before I bought it lol. They are far less common but they do exist. It's a really nice guitar, and the Real Duncans' (JB/ STK1/STK1 combo) are great for everything from blues to metal. I've had Jacksons' with the duncan designed 'buckers and they sucked. Yesterday was a good day no matter what. I started the day with 2 Schecters a Damien 7 and an Omen 6 (with EMG 81/89's) and an Epiphone Les Paul Classic birdseye maple top.... By the end of the day I had sold the Damien 7 (much better guitar then you'd think) and traded both the Epi and the Omen. I ended the day with the Jackson DK2, an Ibanez s470 (with EMG 81/85's), and an LTD SC-207 (Not a bad 7 string but the neck is not even close to as nice as the Damien 7.... go figure) and in the process I made a little cash as well. I'm not to worried about whether it's pre or post Fender, it was more of a question. I just wanna know what I've got lol..... well aside from a really nice Jackson DK2, that I got for a steal lol.

Comment

I've never seen a matte black DK2 either. And just to reiterate what DonP said, "Pre-Fender" doesn't mean a thing, in fact after Fender bought Jackson overall quality increased. Congrats on the new axe, welcome to the board!
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I'd guess somewhere around 2008 - 2009 with that serial number

Comment

They didn't have real SD p'ups or black hardware til 06, i'd say yours is an 08. I have seen the satin finish once before, wasn't sure if it was redone. Maybe it's a ltd ed.
                Last edited by Force; 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Nice guitar, enjoy. As others say, pre-fender doesn't mean anything.

Originally posted by Lucifarion View Post
                  Nope they existed, I did some research before I bought it lol.
                  I've never seen one, please share your information
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Couldn't care less she's a beaut, and sounds like a beast and is still one of the nicest guitars I've owned.... and that's saying a lot since in the past year I've had way too many guitars pass through my hands. Including a Gibson Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute with Humbuckers (worst guitar I've ever played... not even exaggerating, the frets were crap [when I bought it I made a deal with the shop that they'd do a full fretjob and adjust the poles on the pick-ups...... the Frets were still crap], the pick-ups were garbage), multiple Epiphones (Les Paul Standards, Studios, Classic Plus', G-400s, g-400 customs), a few Ibanez (a MIJ '99 RG520QS, an ART600 with EMG's, and my new S470 with EMG's), three or four Fenders (teles, and strats), two other Jacksons, four LTDs, and a PRS SE with PRS US pick-ups.... And a few others.... At last count I've owned 24 or 25 guitars in the past 12 months. I'm a bit of a tone hound lol. Point is this is definitely the pick of the litter.

BTW I ask questions so I know... cause knowing is half the battle \m/

Comment

Here's one on flea bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Jackson-...-/310270445969

and on musicians friend http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...20318000974000

Like I said they aren't unicorns they do exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X