Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone checked out any of those new Jackson 7 strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone checked out any of those new Jackson 7 strings?

I'm looking at the DKA7, the import Broederick and the SLATXMG3-7.

Anyone had a chance to pick one of these up? Any good? Are they as good as the old Japanese Jacksons were?

I don't know if they're available yet & I doubt they'd be as good as the MIJ guitars but that doesn't mean they won't be good.

QC is improving on imports of other origin & the china & india guitars I have are great. Either I got good ones or some people are just too fussy.

Comment

I have enough problems with 6 strings.

Comment

All of those are made in Indonesia. If my pro series soloist (Sl2Q) is any indication of the quality level of the new Indo-made imports then they are very well made. The SL2Q I have is comparable to MIJ Jacksons. Just like any model though, there are bound to be good ones and bad ones.

The SLATs are available, but the others you mentioned aren't yet. I briefly played a SLATXMG3-7 (quite a name, lol) and it seemed to be well made. There were some QC issues on the early batches with wrong pickup placement, but new ones should be fixed.

Comment

My employer ships parts to India which have to be cosmetically "perfect", even though they'll be mounted on the suspension of a truck that will drive through mud, shit, and dead bodies, so eveything coming out of India with a Jackson logo on it better be fuckin fan-fuckin-tastic.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

OK cool. I may wait a month or so and order one up then. It'll most likely be Thomann and they have a 30-day throw it back dealy going on.

Comment

Working...
            X