Feedback on a Jackson SLSXMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on a Jackson SLSXMG?

I've got a line on a minty Jackson SLSXMG in natural for pretty cheap with case and was looking for some honest feedback about this guitar. Although I'm not a huge fan of the EMG's, I can overlook it for the price.

Has anyone played one of these? Good deal at 4 bills w/case or bad deal?

Thanks!

I think its an average deal if its used. I've never played one, but I know a few others own one so they should chime in before long. Is it the solid color or flamed top?

Comment

flame top

Comment

oh then I'd say thats a good deal. I dont know how I missed that you said in natural lol. i searched a few threads and I haven't read anything bad.

Comment

I picked up a new one in october and am in love with it. I own several early ont soloists so I was a bit worried about the non us quality but would buy another in a heartbeat. the finish is perfect (orange burst quilt) the neck is nicer than both of my ont soloists - maybe not quite as nice as my sd but close. If the price seems good to you I would not hesitate. I actually love emgs so I am a little biased.

Comment

I finally broke down and bought it. I did a little research (looked at the sticker on the back of the headstock) and believe it or not it was made in India. I could really care less where it was made as long as the quality is there. I was shocked at how well built this thing was. Super light, very well balanced, nice bendable strings even tuned at 440, 2x EMG's (not fond of them, but shit, they sound killer in both clean and dirty) Floyd Rose special trem and a case. And the best part was this thing was as new condition with the damn plastic still on the rear of the tuners. I think this must have been a gift for a cowboy and they traded it in. Basically unplayed.

So, another Jackson to throw on the wood pile.

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

Update: I noticed the floyd posts were leaning a hair so I looked under the hood....

The entire post and housing came right out. On one side it was wedged in with a stick. Looks like this one is going back tomorrow. Damn. Well, at least the pups sounded good.

Comment

Sucks to hear you got a bad one. I have had relatively good luck so far, a SLSXMG & a RRXMG. SLSXMG was used and had some grooves in the frets. I had a local tech buff & polish that out as well as lower the nut shelf to work with the taller OFR nut. The RR is a refurb and plays great, just has some finish flaws.
                  Well happy hunting if you decide to continue looking for an X series Soloist.
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
                  X