Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stars RR serial # info

Hey everyone

I've recently closed a deal for my second Jackson, a MIJ Stars RR-J2, I searched threads here and elsewhere and I found people being assisted with plenty of USA RR serials and some MIJ RR serials too. I was probably too hopeful, but I couldn't find any established online tools or sources of accurate serial numbers for Japan exclusives detailing plant of manufacture, etc like I'd hoped there would have been with an established company like Jackson. Anyway, it'd be great if anyone could give me some more information on mine. It's got a serial of 060550, EMGs (aftermarket?) and a Schaller trem. A friend also hypothesised that since the Schaller is stamped Schaller instead of Jackson, that it might be one of the newer ones with hardened knife edges/steel inserts, could that be the case on this particular model? I've been using ESPs and Ibanez for years, but I'm a Jackson noob, go easy on me!

Assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers, Nick.
    Last edited by TheSixthWheel; 02-22-2013, 11:49 AM.
    "If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss, then why are you wearing a seat belt?" - Doug Stanhope.
    Stop killing man. Start killing god.

It is a 2006 Jackson Stars Rhoads EMG pickups and Schaller trem are original. Jackson stamped jt-590 trems disappeared after 1995 if I remember correctly.

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...TARSPage03.jpg

Your guitar is RR-J2E

Comment

Thanks for the response, any idea which manufacturing facility this would have been produced in?
      Last edited by TheSixthWheel; 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM.
      "If you really believe that death leads to eternal bliss, then why are you wearing a seat belt?" - Doug Stanhope.

Comment

I believe the same factory (Chushin Gakki?) as the Japanese Jacksons made for outside of Japan. If my memory serves me, they used the Stars name because of another company owning a Japanese trademark on the name Jackson.

Someone will shortly correct my mistakes if I made any.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Nope, that's all correct, Hellbat. Before adopting the Stars name, they called them "Grover Jacksons" for the Japanese market.

Comment

Ah cool, thanks guys. I'll post a few pics when it arrives, although I'm sure you've all seen em before.

Comment

Working...
            X