Already Bought It, Now What Is It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already Bought It, Now What Is It?

I've really been getting along with my MIJ Jacksons lately; my DK2M, DKMGT and SLSMG have made it hard for me to really enjoy any of my other guitars lately. I even just bought a really lovely strat and have been getting tempted away from it even during the 'honeymoon' phase.

So I'm wandering around a local Sam Ash and come across a...well, I don't actually know, other than it appears to be a MIJ Jackson, or at least a guitar with a MIJ Jackson neck on it. But it played exceptionally well, was in great shape (one small ding) had active EMG's installed and came with a Jackson guitar case that is, most likely, the NICEST case I've ever seen. (Case even had the keys in it, a first for any used guitar I've ever bought.)

They had it marked at $300, I got it for $250, and whatever it is, I got a great deal; this thing plays and sounds exceptionally good. Of course, though, I'm curious as to what it is, or that it may have been mutted-together from.
    Some very crappy 'taken indoors at night' photos follow, but the specs are:
    • Reverse Jackson 6-inline headstock with no 'Professional', 'Performer' or other markings.
    • Rosewood board with Piranha teeth inlays and binding.
    • A 'Made in Japan' sticker on the back of the neck.
    • A green metallic arch-top body with volume, tone and three way blade switch.
    • EMG silver (bridge) and gold (neck) pickups
    • A Jackson licensed FR (590? I'm not great with these...)
    • Eight digit serial starting with '98'

I'd appreciate any info, but will love this guitar regardless!

Thanks,

Larry

It's a newer version DKMG. And the bridge should be a JT580LP
    Last edited by Codex; 12-30-2012, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
      It's a newer version DKMG
      Thanks, Codex! Any idea what year it might be? I had started to think it was a mutt, since the Jackson catalogs I checked don't seem to have anything similar in them.

Again, thank you!

Larry

Comment

I want to say that they switched over to active EMGs somewhere around 2006, but I'm not positive. Ron would probably know better if you provide the whole serial number.

Comment

Here's the 2006 catalog scan for DKMG

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2006Page21.jpg

Comment

So it's all stock! I never would have guessed-thanks so much for the pointer to those scans-

Seems like a good deal for $250, if I do say so myself...

Comment

Nice! I have an 06 DKMG as well, IMHO great guitar
              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

If you find out that your new used guitar does not stay in tune very well, it might be a good idea to rotate those locking nut pressure pads 90 degrees.
                My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Congrats! That's a good deal on a great guitar. I've always been partial to that color and the piranha inlays.
                  Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
                    If you find out that your new used guitar does not stay in tune very well, it might be a good idea to rotate those locking nut pressure pads 90 degrees.

I actually didn't remember which way they went on and checked my DK2M...so I've been wrong for a long time!

Thanks for the pointer!

Larry

Comment

I believe its an 07 or 08 DKMG. I have a DKMG 977 serial number, and I absolutely love this guitar. Definitely the beefiest sounding guitar that I have owned. 250 sounds way cheap for a DKMG... I would think they would average around 500.

Comment

$500?
                        Where were you when I was selling mine!

True, I would have liked to have sold it for $500, but I ended up trading it for a Gibson Les Paul - so I shouldn't really complain.

Comment

Larryguitar, is that an Alesis DM6 kit you've got in the backround? Nice axe btw, enjoy.
                          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Very cool congratz on a great find its nice to know there are still deals out there to be had.
                            Rich

Comment

Kewl. Same colour as mine... Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X