Jackson Guitars, you make me soooo sad.. :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Guitars, you make me soooo sad.. :-(

Once again you break my heart Jackson Guitars. Why, why, why can't you give me what I want and need? Why must you tease me year after year?

I have to admit, I was pretty darn excited about Jackson's new Pro series. That is until I found out that once again they have denied my ultimate Jackson desire. No fixed bridge King V. Again.

All I want is a 25.5" scale, neck-through, ebony fretboard, fixed bridge King V.

Is that really too much to ask? Am I the only person that wants this?
    All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Funny how the custom shop has turned into a "pick your options from the limited checklist (and btw we reserve the right to either screw it up or tell you to go F yourself cause you're not getting the options we may have agreed to when you placed the order a year ago) shop.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
      Funny how the custom shop has turned into a "pick your options from the limited checklist (and btw we reserve the right to either screw it up or tell you to go F yourself cause you're not getting the options we may have agreed to when you placed the order a year ago) shop.
      Which probably means I should scrap my plan for the Concorde, current RR1 control layout with Gibson toggle switch instead of blade switch, Floyd Rose top mounted, Sharkfin inlays, & either Rising Sun or Bengal graphic. Maybe if I just go with 1 hum, 1 volume, no tone or pickup switch I can get it done.
      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I would be thrilled with a stock SL2H with a maple board. And I'm not willing to wait two years and spend $2500.00 to get it.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Change the board on the KVXT to ebony and offer more finishes on it and we're good to go!

Comment

Dude... i would kill for a fixed bridge king v that doesn't suck. And i have been WAITING FOR YEARS. They will not do it. Instead they will pump out floyd after floyd with active PU's like all the other companies do.

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
              Hmm.... I have two custom orders in the oven that are both completely unlike anything typical. Sure, there are a few things that are deal breakers to getting a custom approved, but they'll build something completely original if you have the time and money to spec it.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

IIRC some of the first KV2Ts were 25.5" scale. But then they are also mahogany so that's a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx256 View Post
                  Dude... i would kill for a fixed bridge king v that doesn't suck. And i have been WAITING FOR YEARS. They will not do it. Instead they will pump out floyd after floyd with active PU's like all the other companies do.

I honestly don't understand it.
                  All hail the true metal God....Jesus. Where do you think metal came from anyway?

Comment

I'd be happy with more colour options on lower end models, like Ibanez do. Kawasabi green is cool, but what about yellow, purple, ferrari red, sky blue, orange or some production graphics that don't add to the purchase cost. Dreamland, I know, would be nice though.

Comment

[QUOTE]I honestly don't understand it.[QUOTE]
                      It's a goddamn conspiracy that's what it is. Just take a look at ebay and all the people there selling floyd equipped guitars saying they couldn't get used to it.
                      And yeah not everyone has a few thousand to burn for a custom shop job.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        Hmm.... I have two custom orders in the oven that are both completely unlike anything typical. Sure, there are a few things that are deal breakers to getting a custom approved, but they'll build something completely original if you have the time and money to spec it.
                        Yeah? Well what if your dream includes some feature that was used in the past by some washed up name that no longer even endorses the brand? You can't get the damn thing, that's what! I refuse to allow myself to be convinced that Jackson's custom shop is soooooo backed up with the mass of orders that it takes 2+ years to get an order filled. With the majority of the Jackson players that I know of refusing to wait that long for something that other shops are turning out in one quarter of the time, I just don't buy that they're THAT backed up with orders. Something's rotten in Denmark.
                        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Someone mentioned the queue is about 800 guitars. Normal time for the build process is 6-9 months anyway, so that's a wait of about 18 months or so...
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                          X