Current Jackson Import Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Jackson Import Quality

I havent bought a new guitar for myself since 1994 when I bought my trans purple DR3. I have bought several since then just not new. I have seen some absolutely beautiful finishes on some of the stuff today. Howvere a few years ago I bought a DX10D made in indiana that I just could not believe it had the Jackson name on it.

So my question is what is the quality and QA like today.

I would just really like a heads up as to what to look for when considering the purchase of a new Jackson

Thanks
    1989 Magenta Charvel 650XL (Now my main guitar) , 1989 White Charvel 650XL, 1989 Trans Amber 750 XL, 1989 Cherry Sunburst 750XL Abortion,1990 Jackson soloist ATT pro Trans Red, 1993 Jackson Dinky Std Black with pick guard , 1992 Jackson Stealth Ex repainted, 1994 JDR-94, 1994 JDR-94, 1995 DR3 (Old Main Guitar) trans purple quilted maple picture , 2002 RR5 white and gold, 1988 Model 4 cobalt blue, 1993 Jackson Fusion Std black, 1990's Alvarez Fusion acoustic electric cutaway, 2009 Alvarez AD60ck Koa acoustic electric cutaway. Crate BV-150 Heads, SKB PS55 pedal Board, Shure wireless

From what I'm seeing said here in the forum, asside from some people not liking the pirahna inlays used on some, the X's seems to be getting great reviews. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. A lil searching of some recent posts and you can find reviews of the SLX and others.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by booger007 View Post
      I havent bought a new guitar for myself since 1994 when I bought my trans purple DR3. I have bought several since then just not new. I have seen some absolutely beautiful finishes on some of the stuff today. Howvere a few years ago I bought a DX10D made in indiana that I just could not believe it had the Jackson name on it.

So my question is what is the quality and QA like today.

I would just really like a heads up as to what to look for when considering the purchase of a new Jackson

Thanks
      The most recent import Jackson I have is a DK 2M that I ordered new, believe it or not,
      exactly 2 years ago today! Anyway, it's a Japan-built guitar and the quality certainly
      rivals any US-built Fender I've seen lately, and holds up pretty well against my US-built
      SL1. I can't really say anything negative about it, apart from the neck profile, which is
      more about me than the guitar. It's a thin-flat carve on the back, and I prefer something
      bigger. But having said that, I play it a lot, and have never had a problem with it...

I can't speak for the imports coming from other countries, so probably best to find one
      in person to check out, or wait for a review from someone you trust...

Comment

I've played a number of the new imports recently. Most of them felt and played really well. The nicest were the neckthrus. I played a couple SDX and was not impressed... however the neck backshape was really nice. All of them had that soy-burger, diet-coke, low-fat rubbery feel compared to a USA. The neck-thrus were set up relatively well, both SDX had moderately high action and needed setups badly, not because I found them to be buzzy or anything, just way too high for my tastes and expectations of what I should feel when the logo on the headstock says "Jackson"...

If you want an inexpensive strathead Jackson, I'd wait and hope that the SDX production is moved to Mexico at which point I'll jump on one.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by booger007 View Post
          Howvere a few years ago I bought a DX10D made in indiana that I just could not believe it had the Jackson name on it.
          Strange, USA made Jacksons are usually pretty high quality

Comment

The 2 DK2s I have are superb, can't fault any facet of them. Ive never had either of them set up (which I will do soon) & they are my most played guitars.

Despite the snobbery toward the JS series & being bottom level, my JS30DK has been great. You're more likely to find QC issues with such a low end model, but I have a really good one, super thin neck, CVR2 p'ups sound good & no finish problems. Not bad for a crappy MII axe.

I had a play of an SLX, needed setting up badly but the everything else seemed to be of a high standard, binding was nice, paint was solid, bridge felt good, nice neck..................well worth considering.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
              Strange, USA made Jacksons are usually pretty high quality
              LMAO India!!!!!
              1989 Magenta Charvel 650XL (Now my main guitar) , 1989 White Charvel 650XL, 1989 Trans Amber 750 XL, 1989 Cherry Sunburst 750XL Abortion,1990 Jackson soloist ATT pro Trans Red, 1993 Jackson Dinky Std Black with pick guard , 1992 Jackson Stealth Ex repainted, 1994 JDR-94, 1994 JDR-94, 1995 DR3 (Old Main Guitar) trans purple quilted maple picture , 2002 RR5 white and gold, 1988 Model 4 cobalt blue, 1993 Jackson Fusion Std black, 1990's Alvarez Fusion acoustic electric cutaway, 2009 Alvarez AD60ck Koa acoustic electric cutaway. Crate BV-150 Heads, SKB PS55 pedal Board, Shure wireless

Comment

I recently got a Chinese made KEXTMG and it far exceeded my expectations for quality. I haven't been able to find a single flaw so far. It holds its own against my SL2H and my Japanese SLS3.

Comment

I tried a KVXMG and the finish had some flaws on the binding if you search for them but it culd be in this certain model, but i compare at the same time through the same amp, same EQ, etc and didn´t notice a real difference in terms of sound.... However the KV2 had more weight and the neck shape was a little different but not to much, just the real speed neck shape.

But in other hand i tried a DKXMG and a SLSXMG without and with floyds and in terms of sound and finishes were fucking awesome..except for the floyd rose specials but i think it could be a bad set up of the guitar shop...

So i think Jackson is doing o good job even producing this guitars in China, Indonesia or Mexico...
                  My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/josefhmusic?feature=watch

Comment

Ive got a JS30 Korean guitar in metallic red. Nothing extraordinary but a cracking neck and not bad pickups. The Floyd's not too bad either.

Comment

I scored an RRXT a while back and replaced the p'ups and I love it. Seen a lot of the X series neck thrus on eBay with cracks in the finish and neck joints.
                      addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

My newest is one of the latest imports(SLX) and it outshines my MIJ DK2's easily. these made in india jacksons were not so impressive in the past but with the release of the newest X series that has all changed. now the MII jacksons are up there with the MIJ's
                        I think the quality is going up every year

Comment

I purchased a slatxmgq3-6 a couple months ago and its all I play at the moment. I was worried about quality when I ordered it and honestly its as nice as my usa guitars are. the neck is thinner and better shaped than my 85 sd soloist (almost can not believe I just wrote that) the only let down is the floyd rose special. finish is excellent, sound unplugged is awesome. I would and will buy another mii guitar in a heartbeat.

Comment

My MII SDX/AS strat head is a nice guitar. Body and neck are perfect not a flaw anywhere.
                            The hardware was the main issue with me just not up to snuff at all.
                            I made a post explaining all the upgrades I did to it but now its can hold its own and is a solid great playing guitar.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have put my greasy fingers on just about all the new import models, except for the Adrian Smith. They are on par with their ESP counterparts and other similarly priced guitars, but still no match for my USA SL2H. The local shop here spoils me, ESP, G&L and Jackson/Charvel, plus Mesa. I really wanted to like the new imports over my DK2, but it just feels and sounds like so much more guitar. Just my opinions, but I would buy another used DK2, before one of the new imports.
                              Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

Working...
                              X