Is this a Fair Trade?08' Jackson DK2M for 93'Jackson JTX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Fair Trade?08' Jackson DK2M for 93'Jackson JTX

I currentlyown a gorgeous ,White Dinky DK2M .I just spoted this JTX (Which I had never heard of ) on CL ,the guitar is in a Music store. Asking price is $499. It is trans purple sunburst ,so I believe the body is Ash. 1 Humbucker ,1 angled single coil Both made by Jackson. As I am older now , I have mellowed ,and am playing more blues and classic rock ,and would love to get the sound of a tele single coil . I heard the necks are super thin on those also. My axe is pretty one dimensional,mainly for Metal. I was just wondering if it would be a fair value .or would I be losing ,or is his worth more. the condition is good on the JTX ,mine is excellent. Any input greatly appreciated.http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/msg/3346638142.html

Seen those JTX guitars go for around $200. Just because it is rare doesnt mean it is valuable. Your DK2M is easily worth 2x the JTX
    addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

While I don't play anything but metal and love the EMG's in my Bengal DK2M, if you have 4 conductor passive pickups in your DK2M you can wire up push/pull pots replacing the volume and tone to split the humbuckers.

I'm not to familiar with that JTX or it's pricing.

Comment

Dude ,Thank you , I thought that was the case ,as I had seen like 2 older ads that sold in the $200 range. This guy is way off base asking $500 ,he said it has some wear too,a nd it only comes with a Gig bag. Mine has a Hard Charvelle grey case ! Keeping My Dinky! I will just try and grab a H-S-S Dinky Jap model off ebay ,after the fiscal shock of Christmas wears off ,as I have 3 Kids to buy for !!! Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          While I don't play anything but metal and love the EMG's in my Bengal DK2M, if you have 4 conductor passive pickups in your DK2M you can wire up push/pull pots replacing the volume and tone to split the humbuckers.

I'm not to familiar with that JTX or it's pricing.
          I am not to good at soldering ,but yeah ,it has 2 Duncan HB's a JB in the Bridge and a Jazz in the neck. I could have someone put in a coil tap ,I suppose,if I trusted anyone here in S. Florida . I honestly was a Metal head since 77' but have recently been playing some blues ,classic,& Southern rock ,and have finally started figuring out some of the tricks to playing slide . Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymzhulk View Post
            Seen those JTX guitars go for around $200. Just because it is rare doesnt mean it is valuable. Your DK2M is easily worth 2x the JTX
            Just because you've seen them go that low, doesn't mean they aren't worth at least $500.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Just because you've seen them go that low, doesn't mean they aren't worth at least $500.
              Actually, it means that the guy doesn't know his prices very well!

Comment

Thank you guys for the input . All valid points!

Comment

Toe you can ask anything you want for it doesnt mean it is worth it. The market determines what any item is worth and nothing more.
                  addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

I have a similar situation: my DX10D for his JTX. DX10D goes for $150-300, and I have no idea about the JTX. I just like the idea of a Jackson tele.

(Sorry for necrobumping)
                    Gear:
                    Ibanez RG421 - Jackson JTX - Peavey Vypyr 15

Gear I want:
                    Korina Flying V in Alpine White - Les Paul flame-top in heritage cherry sunburst - Silverburst SG - Mockingbird STQ in trans purple

Comment

IMHO your DK2 is worth more but the JTX is a cool guitar - quirky, well made and h/s layout. Well worth getting your hands on one!

Comment

Probably should have made a new thread...

I decided to do the trade of my DX10D for his JTX. I probably got the better end of the deal.
                        Gear:
                        Ibanez RG421 - Jackson JTX - Peavey Vypyr 15

Gear I want:
                        Korina Flying V in Alpine White - Les Paul flame-top in heritage cherry sunburst - Silverburst SG - Mockingbird STQ in trans purple

Comment

If you traded a DX anything for a JTX then you litterally robbed him. DX can be found all day long and a JTX with the JT580 locking trem is as rare as hen's teeth. I have one myself, and was thinking at that time it will be worth a picasso someday. I'm still sticking to that, as I would never part with it for $200, hell I paid more for it than that back in the early 2000s and I stole it from that online seller at that time.

Comment

dont do it your dk2m is superior!!
                            Jackson Dk2 hss in snow white..

Comment

DK2m is a great guitar but the JTX is a cool piece...HOWEVER your "mellowed" statement doesnt mix with anything but the aesthetics of that JTX. The one I had was brutal sounding even with stock pickups.

I got 200 just for the last JTX neck I sold...and I got 375 for a rough condition jtx with no case on ebay...not that I am any authority on the value but i think if conditions were similar and the cases were the same it would be VERY fair. Lots more dk2m's around than the JTX
                              Haters gonna hate
                              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X