NGD: How did I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: How did I do?

Considering I have the floyd and the electronics I dont think this is a bad score.

Serial number 003283

Looks like an SL-4 from 2000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JACKSON-SOLO...vip=true&rt=nc

thoughts?
    addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

That's a decent deal. Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Looks like a good score. Lets see it when your done.

Comment

or "when you're done"
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice score!!!! Let's see some pics after assembly
          Red JDR-94
          Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
          Duncan Invader pickups
          Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

Pretty damn well I would say. I got my SL3 for $650 and it came with Duncans.

Adding up the parts, I reckon you could fit a used German floyd in there $120 + two new pups $120 + Schaller or Gotoh Tuners $60 = $600 for a much higher spec'd SL4..or if you have parts lying around. Definitely be something worth keeping, they are great playing and quality guitars. My Sl3 is like a breath of fresh air after playing Pro Mods, but I really hate to admit it as I don't like Jackson's so much. Fret access, comfiness, quality, stability, it's all there. I save it for special occasions.

I think the Floyd will fit in there fine, depending on your intonation/tuning.

But, just as good would be the original Jackson JT-580 takeuchi trem though in some respects as the angled side wings will be parallel to the angled body rout which was routed for it. Nothing wrong with them and they are good and cheap. So make that $550- for a hot rodded SL4? Pretty good deal all in. Definitely a keeper.

What colour and type pups you fitting? Just I see that top and I think Creme Dimarzios...but then I haven't got very good taste when it comes to Jacksons.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

I have a JT-580 and standard Jackson tuners that I am putting on it. Still debating on p'ups. That will be the only place I will possibly spend any additional money on this guitar. I too have an SL-3 but I prefer the HUM HUM over the HUM SING SING set up so I am looking forward to playing this one once it is complete.
              addicted to Jackson guitars since 1993

Comment

You did fine IMO enjoy it.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Cool! I bought a KV4 ( http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/132...V4-%28black%29 ) this summer, and I swapped out a lot of bits and pieces. Anyway, what I wanted to say was that the rosewood board on that Soloist looks beautiful! Much thanks to the finish of course... because I hated the rosewood board on my all black KV4.

Nice score, and I'm looking forward to seeing it completed!
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                  X