Choosing another Dinky or a Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing another Dinky or a Soloist

I've got a pair of Invaders on the way and I want a floyded guitar to fit them in. My choices are:
    1) a used DXMG (preferably black)
    2) a new SLXQ (Burnt Cherry Sunburst)
    3) an older soloist (such as a Pro or XL) that won't break the bank).
    The idea is to find a guitar which I can mod to fit a Roland GK kit (not those GK3 wart that forced me to chop out some of my Jackson case).
    Suggestions?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I've got a '90 Soloist Pro and I absolutely love it. If I was you, I'd go for one of those. It's like buying a USA made, but like 500 dollars cheaper.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Soloist XL?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The xl's are nice, ebony is the only thing missing.
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

This sucks. Nearest stockist is in Birmingham.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-20-2012, 04:36 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Why ae you selling the nebula Warrior and getting this? Keep that Warrior!

Comment

Yea the pro's are way over priced right now!!!They are nice but at 300- 400 less them a usa, no way!!Just MO
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

The WR1 has not sold because no-one in Europe is serious enough to buy it for good money. All interested USA peeps would find it cheaper to buy new in USA itself. I got offered a trade from an Indonesian member, but it would cost £300+ to ship it there. The reasons I wanna sell it are: 1) It doesn't get played anymore (the Warrior Pro is my choice of weapon), 2) I can't fit a Roland GK to it (hence I bought the only regular bodied guitar I could get my hands on at the time, i.e.: the DK2T), 3) I have good reason to believe I won't last the remainder of 2012 in my job, because I'm not hitting my greedy vindictive employer's sales targets. The reason I want the SLXQ or a DXMG is because I want a floyd as well as access to the sounds on my Roland GR55.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Why ae you selling the nebula Warrior and getting this? Keep that Warrior!
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I just sold my '93 USA Soloist Custom and will forever keep my '90 Soloist PRO. I'd go with a Soloist PRO myself if you could find one at a good price. Even the XL should be nice. Same specs but without the ebony. But yeah, the price has risen very annoyingly! Because of that, I might try a SLX for the price. Plus, if you're cutting something for the Roland, I'd go SLX too..
                  Last edited by warlok; 10-20-2012, 08:33 PM.
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

SLX if you are doing any cutting IMO.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Will drilling through a maple veneer top present any problems?
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                      X