Jackson pup not what it should be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson pup not what it should be.

Hello everyone, I bought a Jackson Dinky XL new back in 1993 and the catalog shows the humbucker as a J-92c but the pickup in mine is a JH-2. When I googled Jackson Dinky XL SH-2 Pickup it came up with some that sold on ebay listed as coming out of a XL. Has anyone heard of Jackson substituting pickups back then. thanks

In the catalog it says it comes with the j-92c and says the same about the kelly std and the xlr i had. My guitars also came with the jh2. Maybe a jh2 is a j92c? Idk, thats a good question.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
      In the catalog it says it comes with the j-92c and says the same about the kelly std and the xlr i had. My guitars also came with the jh2. Maybe a jh2 is a j92c? Idk, thats a good question.
      I think the JH2 is a J92. I've got at least one JH2 laying around, and I think it came out of the bridge of my old Kelly XLR. The neck pup was definitely a J50N.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My Dinky XL had a JH2 as well. It seems like the Dinky XL never came with a J92C, mines a 94-95 model with the JT580LP.

To me the JH2 was kind of meh. It's not a bad pickup, I just prefer something hotter.

Comment

Working...
        X