NGD: Jackson SLX - Kobiashi Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson SLX - Kobiashi Green

I decided to check out one of the new Jackson SLX soloists, so I ordered one from AMS. I figured it to be a slime green, but it is more of a bright florescent green. Other than the bright color, the guitar plays very well and is very well made. The finish is actually one of the slickest that I have ever felt. The fit and finish is fine and the guitar plays very well with no dead spots or high frets. The Floyd Special works very well and stays in tune well. The only decision is whether I keep the bright green guitar or exchange it for a white one.

Anyhow, here are a couple of pictures. The green is a bit faded because of the flash. I will get better pictures in the daylight:

Nice (and bright)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What a looker! HNGD man
      "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Nice! That green is too much for me I think. But definitely want to try one of those out.. For the price, can't go wrong..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Wasabi green LOL.Nice looking guitar love the color.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yummo........i'm hoping my King V in this colour will be turning up any day now. The wait is killing me.

Kawasabi Kongratulations on a killer kaxe.........i mean "axe".

Comment

Love that color

Comment

These are a good value- I played a couple (white and the quilt top) and it had that nice Jackson soloist feel- Could ALMOST close my eyes and think I had a Japanese version... The EMGhz pickups in the quilted one sucked major @ss though. You got the right one dude- I actually dig that green, reminds me of some sushi LOL (wasabi) Throw some real pickups in there and you have a winner!!

Comment

Pickups are really a matter of debate. Me for example, I love those EMG HZ, especially the H4. I have a DXMG that came with it and never wanted to swap them.
                  That's one flashy looking Jackson BTW!
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Sadly, my V ain't comin'. It was a scam, though I did get my money back.

Anyway, a local store finally had one of these in so I got to try her. For the most part it was pretty nice, no noticable flaws visually but there was bad fret buzz on the E (42 gauge I think). Nothing a set up wouldn't fix...........& it was white, boring.
                    Even though the store is closing down & everything is heavily discounted, I'd still be paying 3 times what they're really worth.

Comment

I like that green! If it was bolt on I'd be buying one!

Comment

Love the color! If it didn't that fucked up volume knob placement and the Strat-style 3 way switch, I'd snatch one of them up in a NY minute...

Comment

buying a white one in a few days , congrats, mine has the stock 81/85 set real good deal for the $400 it is costing me

Comment

I actually played a friends string-through X series soloist this weekend. I didn't get to spend a ton of time with it, but it wasn't bad. It felt and looked a Hell of a lot better than the LTDs I've seen in the same price range.

Comment

Working...
                            X