Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turned a KE-3 into a FIRE breathing BEAST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turned a KE-3 into a FIRE breathing BEAST!

Just got done upgrading a KE-3 with a schaller OFR and dimarzio's(TONE ZONE+PAF pro) and dayuumm!This$200 ebay Jackson is a real MUTHA nowWould put it up against any USA KELLY in tone! It plays fast and easy as buttah,has a neck to die for,real thin and quick but not like the Wizard were it feels boxy and wrong it is a real shallow C shape very hand friendly. The tone zone is my favorite in alder for a huge massive power cord tone and Burning/seering solo stuff.
    These cheapo Imports are so mod worthy!
    I had the schaller already and the tone Zone and PAF pro were $80 for the set.
    So for a grand total of $360(i paid $80 for the schaller) i got me a real beast of a metal weapon!
    Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM.

Sounds great! I love the neck on my ke3 too. Is this the black stone finished one you purchased not too long ago?
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

This thread is useless without PIC's! Where have I heard that before?

Congrats though. If the tone is right where you want it, Awesome!
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
      A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

I had that pickup combination in the RR1 I recently let go. Loved the PAF Pro. The tonezone was kind of meh for me. It was okay, just not awesome.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

PAF pros are good as a pair in just about any guitar.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
            Sounds great! I love the neck on my ke3 too. Is this the black stone finished one you purchased not too long ago?
            Yes you remembered it. It has a non smudge finish i never seen before, obviously after market but i love it makes it unique to other
            Ke-3's.
            Next step is the BLOOD DRIP runing down the top of the body and she is done
            Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 09-25-2012, 07:13 AM.

Comment

not the best pics but you get the idea, and these were taken before the PAF pro went in thats a duncan 59 in the neck

Comment

So what do you hear differently between the 59 and the PAF Pro? I have mine, I hear my "differences" but they are in quite different guitars. Just wondering what you are hearing before and after.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  So what do you hear differently between the 59 and the PAF Pro? I have mine, I hear my "differences" but they are in quite different guitars. Just wondering what you are hearing before and after.
                  PAF pro is tighter, crisper and has better clarity/note separation to my ears. the 59 is a fine pu but i wanted DMZ/DMZ set up on the kelly

Comment

I recently bought a PAF Pro for the neck of my KE3 (already got an Evo2 in the bridge). Glad to hear you're happy with it.

Comment

Sounds good guys. In my KE3 / DK1 Kelly, I'm sticking with the lowly Duncan Designed HB103 set. The neck is bright and clear like a Jazz, and the bridge is like a mix between a Duncan Distortion and an Invader. This is my #1 go to guitar for Thrash (i.e. old school Metallica).

Mine is all blacked out. The only things not black are the oiled back of the DK1 neck and the MOP sharkies. Well, I guess the binding and the logo and the strings aren't black either

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                        Sounds good guys. In my KE3 / DK1 Kelly, I'm sticking with the lowly Duncan Designed HB103 set. The neck is bright and clear like a Jazz, and the bridge is like a mix between a Duncan Distortion and an Invader. This is my #1 go to guitar for Thrash (i.e. old school Metallica).

Mine is all blacked out. The only things not black are the oiled back of the DK1 neck and the MOP sharkies. Well, I guess the binding and the logo and the strings aren't black either
                        some of those DD103(disotortion) sets are smokin! i have had a few of those and the DD 102 sets(JB/JAZZ set) that were as good if not better than the usa versions in tone. plus on the neck DD 103 it is much more like a jazz/59 hybrid than it is a 12K usa duncan distortion neck model. the DD 103 neck is a 7.8K ceramic. these sound good stock and with a A2 or A 5 magnet swap.

Comment

Working...
                        X