Check out my Bastard Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out my Bastard Jackson

Check out my Bastard Jackson. I swapped the neck and electronics from a 1998 DK2M with those from a 2002 DK2SP. I did this to eliminate the crappy licensed Floyd Rose that always gave me trouble and that I ended up blocking off on the DK2M. The bastard guitar has the great maple neck/fretboard and great sounding Seymour Duncan pickups from the MIJ DK2M, with a Fender Strat type two point trem (check out the heavy duty sustain block on the Jackson trem) on the MIJ DK2SP body. The new guitar which is basically a Jackson Strat with humbuckers and 24 frets has excellent action, and the bridge is very stable and seems to always come back into tune. The pics show the guitars before and after the swap. Any opinions?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Jacksonhole wyoming; 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM.

Mmmm, black text on black forum. It's Metal.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Blue text?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm not going to attempt to read it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Mmmm, black text on black forum. It's Metal.

And I was worried about whether it would be appropriate to use the word "bastard".

Comment

If it plays/sounds good thats all that matters.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X