NGD: Jackson SLATXMGQ3-7 string!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Jackson SLATXMGQ3-7 string!!!!

Well, I finally got this thing yesterday evening! I thought I was gonna get it a couple days ago but a signature was required and nobody was home... Oh well, it's here now!

First off let me say that I was skeptical of these because they are made in Indonesia. I'm normally a USA made kind of guy but also don't mind the Japan made guitars. What's really changed my mind about guitars made else where was the Squire Classic vibe series but especially the Charvel Desolation series. The quality of those guitars just blew my mind!!! With all that said, I'm very impressed with the quality of this guitar! The finish is perfect and I love the quilt top. It appears to be veneer but because of the trans finish you can see where the top meets the body as well as the thru-neck maple construction on the back, which I like very much! They didn't skimp on the electronics at all because the EMG's sound great in this guitar. The factory setup was spot on (this is rare in any guitar regardless where it's made!) and everything is as it should be. I'm not disappointed in my purchase in the least! I'd decided to take the leap into the 7 string world and so I played and researched some different ones including Carvin, Ibanez and Peavey. I couldn't get this one out of my mind so I bought it without being able to play it first but I'm glad I took the chance. I like this one better than all the rest and would honestly like to get the 6 string version at some point. The compound radius on these fretboards makes for a very comfy neck profile. I know these pics aren't the best and have glare and stuff but they'll do now until I get a pretty day to take it outside:

Last edited by beachjammer; 09-08-2012, 10:53 AM.

Hope you're lovin' that thing man! HNGD.
    "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

What a way to celebrate 1000 posts, lookin' good, congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
        What a way to celebrate 1000 posts, lookin' good, congrats!
        HA HA! I didn't notice that until you mentioned it!

Comment

Congrats! Looks great.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats, looks killer! How's the Floyd on it? Just so you know, SLATXMGs do also come in a 6-string variant.
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

The floyd is fine. Works great as a floyd should.

I've been eyeballing the 6 string versions

Comment

Way cool - looks very nice!

Comment

This thing has been a ton of fun and very inspiring to play! I'm starting to get used to the extra neck width, scale length and string now! HA HA!

Comment

Working...
                  X