I want a new Jackson, but which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a new Jackson, but which one?

Hello! I have had my Jackson SLX for about 8 months now and I like it so much that I've decided to sell my other guitars and buy a new Jackson but I can't decide which one to get.

I like the neck of my Jackson so much that I don't want to play anything else so I think I've narrowed down my choices down to Jackson's and Charvel's, but I'm not a big fan of the abalone binding and the cosmo black hardware on the new Charvels.

There is a DK2 on sale for 600$ and it's the last one in stock, 600$ might seem expensive but Jackson's are rather expensive here in Europe compared to the U.S.

The other one I've had my eyes on is the RRXMG. Now I've taken the stock pickups out of my SLX and installed a set of EMG's, 81-85, so when it comes down to specifications it is basically the same guitar, the only difference being the body shape.

Or should I perhaps wait for the new pro-series to be released?

No harm in waiting.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You could wait..........or you could snap up the DK2. Keep in mind that they are discontinued & if you can get one, do it. Amazing guitar.

I'll know more about the X series soon, I have a green KVXMG on the way but I have 2 DK's & they are by far my favourite axes. Good luck choosing.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonEriksson View Post
        There is a DK2 on sale for 600$ and it's the last one in stock, 600$ might seem expensive but Jackson's are rather expensive here in Europe compared to the U.S.

Or should I perhaps wait for the new pro-series to be released?
        I like the Cosmo Black hardware. I have a DX1, it's pretty nice.

What would I suggest? Wait till something nicer comes up on the forums here, or find a seller on ebay willing to ship internationally. You will have to pay a decent import tax.

Try to find an older MIJ or older USA in minty condition. The older guitars are far better than the relatively new ones.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

wait for a dk2m, theyre better than the dk2's in my opinion unless you like Hss pup combos. By the way im not a fan of the new charvels either, i wish they would just keep the normal looks.

Comment

Originally posted by divider_of_zero View Post
            By the way im not a fan of the new charvels either, i wish they would just keep the normal looks.
            +1000

Comment

Buy a RRXMG. I have 2 of them and I like them very much. I haven´t played my other guitars much after I bought them. Only sometimes I have to use a "paddle" Steinberger when I do some home studio recordings because a rhoads is not a very good choice when playing at a computer desk (wings might get damaged).

My only real complain on the RRXMG is that volume knobs are located akwardly, but thats the case with all Jacksons, I guess. I have a Shadow kill pot installed on one of those as a volume pot, and my usual trick to add a rubber O-ring under the knob to prevent turning volume down accidentally cannot be used with that RRXMG.
              My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Working...
              X