Charvel 5FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel 5FX

Were these only made in 1988 and what are they worth today? I found one that I like but don't know much about them.

Thanks for any help.
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

I have one in firecrackle. I think these were only 1988 because in 1989 the 550XL came out, which is pretty similar (nut and bridge changed). I guess you could check the catalogs if you really want to know.

Not sure about the price either, but the finish color would impact the amount.

Are you going to sell yours?

Comment

Charvel 5FX was a model that was created in Texas. They took the Charvel 5A, which was not selling well and added the neck pickup here. Prices vary... a nicely pattered fire crackle will sell for considerably more. I think, for a minty one, $400-$500 would be a fair price, several hundred more if it's an attractive fire crackle. Some of them looked really bad though.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I had a fire crackle I sold 7 years ago and got $750.00 for it.Not the same economy now.
        Had one in rainbow crackle at that time too it sold for $700.00
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          I have one in firecrackle. I think these were only 1988 because in 1989 the 550XL came out, which is pretty similar (nut and bridge changed). I guess you could check the catalogs if you really want to know.

Not sure about the price either, but the finish color would impact the amount.

Are you going to sell yours?
          I don't have one but I'm considering buying one. I'm not a big import guy but I do remember they were pretty nice guitars for the price back in the day. There is one that caught my attention so I thought I would ask you guys.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
            I don't have one but I'm considering buying one. I'm not a big import guy but I do remember they were pretty nice guitars for the price back in the day. There is one that caught my attention so I thought I would ask you guys.
            The necks on my 5FX and 550XL are fatter then my 6's 4 and 2. Try before you buy, if you can.

Comment

xeno nailed it exactly. Model 5A's came out in 1988 with just 1 pickup. For some reason they didn't sell as well as Jackson had hoped so they added a single coil into the neck position right there in the Ft. Worth shop and renamed it the Model 5FX. That's why you don't see the 5FX listed in any Jackson catalog. I personally love the hell out of the single pickup Model 5A's. I have 4 of them. I also have an orange crackle 5FX.

Comment

Yeah, the 5A's are rare and really nice. I'd much rather have one than a 5FX, personally.

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                The necks on my 5FX and 550XL are fatter then my 6's 4 and 2. Try before you buy, if you can.
                And the 5A and 5FXs that I've owned were thinner than the Model 6 I owned.

All of the MIJ Charvel necks back then were hand shaped, just like in the US at that time and there is quite a bit of variety from guitar to guitar.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X