Need help IDing a few guitars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help IDing a few guitars.

Hey there guys, I'm new to this forum but have seen how some of you really know your stuff about where and aproximately when these imports were made. I have a few that I am having a little trouble with and would really appreciate any help that I can get.

1. I believe this one is a MIJ RR3. It has what appears to be a JT-580LP bridge. The serial # is 9798353. Also has 22 jumbo frets with sharkfins. Crimson red and black swirl finish. It has Semour duncan pups in an HH setup.

2. This one is a Dinky body that has a performer neck on it but the serial # is 9620888. The bridge on this one looks like it may be a JT-590 but does not have the Schaller name on it--it has a screw in type trem arm if that's any help. I think this one may be a PS-2 but is dowsn't say anything on the trussrod cover. It also has the Jackson 6 pole type pups in an HSH configuration.

3. Another Dinky that I think is a DXMG. It has EMG-HZ pups with what looks like a JT-580. The neck and headstock is bonded with 24 jumbo frets with sharkfins.
    I bought this one new in 2007, I believe.

4. Again another Dinky body style but I think this one may be a JS20. It has 22 frets with dot inlays. It origionally had a standard two point tremolo system but has been modded to a JT-6. It also origionally had no name passive pups with an HSS configuration--now upgraded to a set of EMG actives, an EMG 81, S, and an SLV. The covers on the back are even surface mounted--not recessed into the body like every other guitar I own. The serial # on this one is 99080748.

5. This one was sold to me as a KE-3 but the more that I looked at it the more I started having my doubts. It has 24 frets with sharkfins. The bridge looks like a chrome no stamp JT-500 (would like to upgrade it to a 590 some time soon). The HH pups are Duncan Designed and it's serial # is 99110026.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but I can't seem to figure out how to get them added in here yet. I would really like to get them up right now because I know that it would help. Again any help at all would be nice and greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by R1ridr; 08-30-2012, 07:19 AM.

It sounds like most of your descriptions are correct for the models you believe them to be. Obviously, pics would help, as you mentioned. Here's a link that might help with that.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/128...-in-your-posts

Comment

You can upload pics to tinypic.com or any other similar hosting site and insert them into your post.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

1. 2005-06 era
        3. MIJ but pre 2006. Serial should be lower than #1
        4. MII 1999
        5. Probably a KX10D, MII 1999

Welcome!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks a ton Racer X. Once I get a chance I'll try to get some pics posted soon. At least all except for the project axe. I will post them when it is done.

Comment

Working...
          X