Possible DK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible DK2?

May have a chance at picking this up. I'm not exactly sure which model it is though... Looks like the neck plate has been changed.. He said he doesn't know much about it and isn't sure what the model is. He says the neck is super thin, which kinda makes me think it's something other than a DK2... I'm really liking the color and the body/pickup combination reminds me of my DX1 Professional... Any ideas?

1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
    1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
    2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
    2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
    2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
    2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
    1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
    2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
    2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
    1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

That's a good looking guitar. How's the headstock tip? All the good looking Jackson's I find have at least a little chip out of the tip of the headstock. Only way I know to identify them is in the neck pocket. Hope someone chimes in that's more help than me.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Looks like a DK2 to me. Chrome hardware means Duncan Designed PUPs?

Comment

I believe the colour is called 'Pavo Purple'. It'd be interesting to know why the neck plate was changed, how much is he asking? (if you don't mind me asking)

Comment

Yep. Looks like a DK2 alright.

Update your burl top page please!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yep, DK2, chrome hardware/Duncan designed pups indicate 2006ish IIRC.

Comment

This was the first Jackson (just like it) I purchased in Feb 2005, so I know all about this one.

The neck plate is not changed. The neck should be stamped USED on the back of the headstock unless it's been sanded off.

Jackson had a huge boatload of inventory and they were trying to sell the company to Fender. They sold this excess inventory to a liquidator for pennies on the dollar with the understanding that there would be NO WARRANTY work. In order to accomplish this, the plates with the serial numbers were removed, and the necks were stamped USED.

Mine was bought in brand new condition off of ebay. Pretty much still that way because I have a hard time bonding with the neck profile.

Mine has one of the fattest necks of all my J/C's like a 50s Gibson profile.

I've swapped my hardware out for gold and put an Invader in the bridge. Mine is still out of action because I need to fill and redrill the holes for my locking nut. Also, I bought a cheap lopro LFR in gold, and the locking allens are a PITA to get to, and I put a tiny dent right behind the trem. F'ed up an otherwise perfect body :cry:

Comment

If you pass I would like this (if it's cheap)
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                  This was the first Jackson (just like it) I purchased in Feb 2005, so I know all about this one.

The neck plate is not changed. The neck should be stamped USED on the back of the headstock unless it's been sanded off.

Jackson had a huge boatload of inventory and they were trying to sell the company to Fender. They sold this excess inventory to a liquidator for pennies on the dollar with the understanding that there would be NO WARRANTY work. In order to accomplish this, the plates with the serial numbers were removed, and the necks were stamped USED.

Mine was bought in brand new condition off of ebay. Pretty much still that way because I have a hard time bonding with the neck profile.

Mine has one of the fattest necks of all my J/C's like a 50s Gibson profile.

I've swapped my hardware out for gold and put an Invader in the bridge. Mine is still out of action because I need to fill and redrill the holes for my locking nut. Also, I bought a cheap lopro LFR in gold, and the locking allens are a PITA to get to, and I put a tiny dent right behind the trem. F'ed up an otherwise perfect body :cry:
                  Thanks for the info Don! I was wondering why the plate was blank. He said the neck is ultra thin, but it's about 2 hours away from me and I haven't seen it in person. Kinda hoping it's like my DX1 or DXMG necks!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    If you pass I would like this (if it's cheap)
                    Racer.. Sorry man, but I am trying every way under the sun to get this one!

But, in the rare case that I don't, I'll hook you guys up!

Comment

Working...
                    X